• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Evans, and I definitely think that he will be a decent player at this level. Good luck to him.

The best I saw him was when he was playing behind the striker. I mean, he wasn't brilliant at it, but I think he enjoyed the freedom of that role.
I saw him in that position at Oldham in the FA Cup. He was dreadful and subbed at HT IIRC.

I saw him in that position at Oldham in the FA Cup. He was dreadful and subbed at HT IIRC.
IIRC there were times here as well when he just completely lost the plot. But they were rare enough that he never seemed like making it a habit.

I'd bet he'll do well for the Blades. If Surman can make a PL career...

I genuinely don't recall Evans playing at #10 very often. I could be wrong but from my recollection he must have started there five times at absolute maximum, even that sounds like too many.

We played bog standard 4-4-2 in the first half of 2013/14, when we switched to 4-2-3-1 from January either Jacobs or Edwards were at #10, he sort of moved there in the second half at Reading early on in 2014/15 but beyond that one occasion don't think he played any games that far forward that season...

Twitter rumour - In talks with Barcelona about signing Andre Gomes if we get promoted.

Of the easy to link Portugal links going round I can see Gomez and Silva... In the summer.

This can’t be right, surely?

5bf36a071dff55307aceb2c229bb8e97.jpg

920cb7e766eea309f37e05b2462c98ac.jpg

I still don't think he's very good or maybe more that he doesn't put it all in. Saw him play for Valencia, Portugal and Barca and never seen him really affect a game like he should. Maybe Nuno can get the best out of him as he played for him at Valencia but i'm not sure.

I just saw that on twitter too Penk, great deal for us if we got around 2.5 million for a reserve player. Even though I liked Price, I'm surprised we got that for him!

I still don't think he's very good or maybe more that he doesn't put it all in. Saw him play for Valencia, Portugal and Barca and never seen him really affect a game like he should. Maybe Nuno can get the best out of him as he played for him at Valencia but i'm not sure.

Gomes? He's fucking incredible. :icon_lol:

It's an agent dave story though.

Gomes? He's fucking incredible. :icon_lol:

It's an agent dave story though.

Is he? He's got a massive reputation yes but having seen a fair bit of him he's nowhere near that. I was massively surprised when Barca were interested never mind paid £40 million for him. What would you say he does that is incredible?

He's a lovely technical footballer but doesn't have enough end product for a club like Barca. He's very flakey too.

Officially an undisclosed fee for Jack, but wouldn't be surprised if it is $2.5m or thereabouts. Press out of Colorado are indicating that he was the Rapids' number one target for this window.

$2.5m!? What!? Thought we’d have been lucky to get £500k for him. He’s not as good as Evans who we’ve apparently sold for 750k

Fees work a bit differently in MLS and it can drive prices up relative to what other leagues would pay.

How did price even get on their radar? He's hardly played!

They've got an English guy in charge (ex-New Zealand manager) so presumably he knows more about Championship players than your regular MLS Head Coach.

Supposedly there was a word in from the Doyler, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back