• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim saying that a permanent deal is 'likely' in the summer for Boly. Hope he's right on this one

Tim saying that a permanent deal is 'likely' in the summer for Boly. Hope he's right on this one

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...olves-plan-to-make-willy-boly-deal-permanent/

Everything crossed that we pull this one off. Flies in the face of all the recent rumours that his Mrs has struggled to settle etc. Would be a major signing for us as he has clearly played in 2nd gear for most of this season.

Big fan of these "exclusive to buy" deals we keep putting in place.

Exclusive to buy doesn't really mean anything. Let's say that Man City make an offer, and Porto reject it as per our agreement. Boly isn't just going to say, oh well, it's Porto or Wolverhampton. He'll say no, and wait until the loan is officially over and then force a move.

The only good thing is having the fees agreed in advance, as excellent performances would have probably effected that

It also means Porto can't sell him mid loan in the way that we did with Evans for instance.

Exclusive to buy doesn't really mean anything. Let's say that Man City make an offer, and Porto reject it as per our agreement. Boly isn't just going to say, oh well, it's Porto or Wolverhampton. He'll say no, and wait until the loan is officially over and then force a move.

The only good thing is having the fees agreed in advance, as excellent performances would have probably effected that

You’d expect the players to have been sounded out and “on board” with the project before they even agreed to come here - so I highly doubt any of them would act the cunt at this stage. Therefore having an “exclusive” option to buy them is brilliant business by us.

We’re basically signing players we have no right to sign, at a lower price than their form/ability commands, and then securing them on long term contracts to punt on for a massive profit in a few years. All the while they’re helping Wolves establish themselves (hopefully) in the top tier as a major force.

As far as business plans go, it’s ridiculous. Amazing for us, but you can appreciate why fans of other clubs are salty!

Oh god yeah. And the loans are a canny way around football league FFP too tbf, as I can't imagine a year's loan fee is as much as a year's amortised transfer fee. Probably less useful in the PL really, as if Gomes comes in and scores twenty, he'll have more desirable suitors than us the following Summer, exclusive purchase agreement or not

Oh god yeah. And the loans are a canny way around football league FFP too tbf, as I can't imagine a year's loan fee is as much as a year's amortised transfer fee. Probably less useful in the PL really, as if Gomes comes in and scores twenty, he'll have more desirable suitors than us the following Summer, exclusive purchase agreement or not

That applies to any player on loan though. As you've said if Chelsea come in for Jota to replace Hazard he's hardly going to turn his loan into a permanent move. It's not really acting up, he would just be doing what is best for himself. Can't blame any player for that.

Yeah agree entirely, was just saying it's not really a clause that's worth anything in reality

Yeah agree entirely, was just saying it's not really a clause that's worth anything in reality

Well it gives us first dibs on the player, so I’d beg to differ. Likelihood of a Real Madrid or Barcelona coming in for one of our players after one season in the Championship is slim to none, but I’m sure there would be plenty of other clubs of a similar stature interested but due to the clause, they won’t even get to speak to the player.

Guys in hospital after having half knee replacement.

Relying on you guys keeping me updated on everything

Well it gives us first dibs on the player, so I’d beg to differ. Likelihood of a Real Madrid or Barcelona coming in for one of our players after one season in the Championship is slim to none, but I’m sure there would be plenty of other clubs of a similar stature interested but due to the clause, they won’t even get to speak to the player.

You can't be that naive.

If a bigger club wanted someone who was tied up in a loan/agreed fee deal elsewhere they'd soon get agents feeding them the information, how much more they'd offer than the loan club and how much better life would be there, then your player only has to turn down personal terms with his loan clubs and it's back to the free market.

All it does is protect Wolves from any inflation in transfer value from their potential good form, if the player loses interest in the move then it's a dead duck.

Donovan Wilson to Port Vale on loan for the rest of the season.

I think you've got that wrong Jinks. We would have the opportunity to buy the player if he chose us but if he didn't then the selling club can charge what they like. We don't get 'first dibs'.

Edit: What Mark says.

You can't be that naive.

If a bigger club wanted someone who was tied up in a loan/agreed fee deal elsewhere they'd soon get agents feeding them the information, how much more they'd offer than the loan club and how much better life would be there, then your player only has to turn down personal terms with his loan clubs and it's back to the free market.

All it does is protect Wolves from any inflation in transfer value from their potential good form, if the player loses interest in the move then it's a dead duck.

But in this scenario you’re essentially ignoring the fact most of the players in question are from Jorge Mendes’ stable, or certainly have links to him. And he alone is the reason they are here in the first place.

It’s not a case of being naive - it’s just how it is.

I think you've got that wrong Jinks. We would have the opportunity to buy the player if he chose us but if he didn't then the selling club can charge what they like. We don't get 'first dibs'.

Edit: What Mark says.

Crossed wires I think. Of course the player has to be on board - but personally I think the players are being handpicked at the very first hurdle with the bigger picture in mind.

Put it this way, I don’t think Bonatini, Jota, Boly etc are the type of character to kick an absolute fuss up at the end of their loan period in order to prevent a move here. I suspect they are fully on board with the ‘plan’.

Of course, if Real Madrid come knocking for Bonatini in the summer (which they won’t), he’s got reason to have his head turned - but I suspect in that scenario the player, agent and clubs would be understanding.

I don't disagree with your character assessment Jinks and I hope we are watching Boly, Jota and Bonatini next season and it would be nice to turn Vinagre's loan into a permanent too (just as back up to Telles...).

But in this scenario you’re essentially ignoring the fact most of the players in question are from Jorge Mendes’ stable, or certainly have links to him. And he alone is the reason they are here in the first place.

It’s not a case of being naive - it’s just how it is.

I wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions with any players this soon. Just look at what happened with Alderweireld at Southampton, hadn't been playing much at Atletico so initially the move to Southampton is good for him to get some football, permanent fee is agreed so if all goes to plan he's on board for what seems like quite a good journey that club is on at the time but then he has a very good season and along come Tottenham with an even more exciting vision for him to buy into, better standard of football, higher wages and more money for Atletico, Southampton had no chance despite their pre-agreed fee.

Even with Mendes along for the ride, that could easily become the Willy Boly story too, wasn't getting much gametime at Porto so comes to play for Wolves, buys into the bigger picture with the permanent deal lined up but then after a good season here say Arsenal (some awful defenders at the moment and favouring a back 3 again now) have an eye on him to come and play that left sided centre half role for them. He's going to be keen to play at as high a level as he can, higher wages, London lifestyle, Porto could probably bump his fee up in the open market after a good year.

Is Mendes going to be enough of a sway for him to turn that down? I mean it's not like it's modern slavery here and you have to do what your agent tells you to, he could just ditch Mendes/Gestifute and get himself a new agent then fuck off to Arsenal.

Boly isn't a Mendes client. Nuno was supposedly the key in convincing him to join.

Yeah that's basically what I'm getting at Mark - the Toby A example being perfect. Good forumming, putting that shit bearded little twatwaffle back in his box.

Boly isn't a Mendes client. Nuno was supposedly the key in convincing him to join.

This is what I’m getting at. These lads have joined either due to Nuno or Mendes, with the bigger picture in mind. Unless something ridiculous happens between now and the summer, I expect Boly + Jota will both be in our starting 11 when we kick off next season.

Odds on them kicking off and getting a move elsewhere are slimmer than Del Woppio being discovered by Ed Sheerans record label on his whorish singing app and being offered a record deal. The gormless idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back