• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the news about Price was circulating before Spiers tweeted his “exclusive”. At best he might have got the nod that it was happening but not until the story broke.

Absolutely certain they were. I read the story on Twitter - and about Evans going to the Blades - a good hour before Timbo's "exclusive"

Weird that the Andre Silva thing has turned up in O Jogo, it’s something I could see us trying to do in the summer but not bow. Still bloody exciting though!

Lee Evans seems to have passed his medical at SUFC. 3.5 year deal: good luck to him there

I hope he does well there. I like him - a good player, but we're clearly on the look out for far better players than we were a few years ago.

I think he's got the potential to make a good career for himself in this league and he's young enough to learn plenty more.

Lay off the pies and the Hollywood balls when they're not on. Do that and he should do alright.

I don't think any of our managers ever worked out quite what he was supposed to be (he's no goal threat to speak of, and he's not really someone you'd park in front of the back four), with the exception of Nuno who worked out that he was "not good enough for where we want to be".

Yeah I think that's fair. I think he looked at his best alongside McDonald in our first season back at this level. He was the better of the two at that time.

The best I saw him was when he was playing behind the striker. I mean, he wasn't brilliant at it, but I think he enjoyed the freedom of that role.

He's done well for Wigan by all accounts. But then they're the best team in L1 by a distance, so he's got free reign to ponce about a bit and look fancy. If you give him time on the ball, he looks good. He's got ability. It might be unfair to compare him with Neves but that's the difference - doesn't matter to Ruben if you give him the ball and he's got one or even two men on him, he'll still do what he always does. Put Evans under pressure and he suffers (so does McDonald).

Must resist...

At any rate he'll be good here but I don't think he'll find it a walk in the park. "Graveyard" is offensively harsh. It's as much a graveyard as the Champ.

Just seen this, sorry if it sounds offensive but you need to take off your rose coloured specs here mate. The MLS is a graveyard where old pro's careers go to die.

I'm not trying to be offensive, I watched a good bit of MLS when I was in the States (Orlando City had fooking Kaka playing for them) and I watched a lot of it last year when I was in Poland (they show a lot of MLS over there for some reason)

Some games were good, quick tempo, goals at either end, but I could not justify saying that the standard is the same as the championship, because it's not, maybe lower end of the Championship, but the games just have a slower pace, they seem more relaxed in the MLS. Im not saying this to wind you up, theres a good reason that so many pro's head out there before retirement, it's a warmer climate and less physical league than anything in the UK.

Agree with Machin. That role in League One was when he was at his best.

Just seen this, sorry if it sounds offensive but you need to take off your rose coloured specs here mate. The MLS is a graveyard where old pro's careers go to die.

I'm not trying to be offensive, I watched a good bit of MLS when I was in the States (Orlando City had fooking Kaka playing for them) and I watched a lot of it last year when I was in Poland (they show a lot of MLS over there for some reason)

Some games were good, quick tempo, goals at either end, but I could not justify saying that the standard is the same as the championship, because it's not, maybe lower end of the Championship, but the games just have a slower pace, they seem more relaxed in the MLS. Im not saying this to wind you up, theres a good reason that so many pro's head out there before retirement, it's a warmer climate and less physical league than anything in the UK.
Tbf I'm not personally offended, I just think that characterization of the league is massively out of date.

I also disagree that the league is not physical. If anything can be said for MLS and CONCACAF football in general, it's that it is MORE physical than most of what you find in Europe. That's this league's bread and butter, and CONCACAF refs let an absurd amount of physicality go as fair play.

The weakness in MLS always has been and continues to be the defending. It's rank bad. Genuinely worse than League One.

The standard of football isn't that bad in aesthetic terms, but Jigsaw Mason might manage a dozen goals a season over there with how many chances he'd get.

If you want a seriously laughable level of football, try the A-League. I had one of their games on in the background the other day, neither team would have got out of the Conference North.

Good move for Evans. The talent is in there and it seems he's starting to bring some consistency to his game.

Yeah I think that's fair. I think he looked at his best alongside McDonald in our first season back at this level. He was the better of the two at that time.
Before this season his performance in the first half versus Bolton was the best half of football I've probably seen from any Wolves midfielder in terms of range of passing and accuracy.

Good luck to Evans. As has been said can probably make a decent career for himself at this level. Some of his performances at the start of 2014/15 were very impressive so the ability is there.

Evans is average for me, Price has a role and does it well.. good luck to both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back