• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo is a non-starter - far too old. Besides, both Bazza and Ruben are way better at free-kicks

The wrong move for him IMO. He's way too young to head out to the graveyard that is MLS, he'll end up in a comfort zone instead of challenging for top honours and really pushing himself to reach the peak of his game. He's only 25, most players reach the peak of their game at that age, but he's gonna be out in the MLS strolling around. His lifestyle will probably improve, but as a footballer, his game won't.

Sad to see him go, a great servant to Wolves.

Must resist...

At any rate he'll be good here but I don't think he'll find it a walk in the park. "Graveyard" is offensively harsh. It's as much a graveyard as the Champ.

What benefit is there to loaning out Hause? We play a different system to everybody else, so although he’ll get game time it won’t allow him to learn the way Nuno wants to play.

Nuno installed his tactics to Coady and the lot very quickly. Could easily do the same for Hause. Consistent play is more important for him right now, IMO.

i've no doubt fosun will be going for it, though i don't think for ronaldo.

our squad under nuno is the sort of young and hungry i'd only have been able to imagine us having on football manager ..up to now.

i'm still trying not to think about us competing in the top half of the Prem.

Ronaldo will be available in the summer. We will be a Premier League club with a significant budget. Ronaldo’s whole career has been mapped out by Gestifute. I would be surprised if we didn’t ask the question in the summer.

He'd only come back to England for Utd anyway.

Speaking of players who've been having horror shows - anyone think Renato Sanches might be an option?

He has obviously not lit the place on fire at Swansea (literally or figuratively) but working under Nuno with the other Portuguese lads in the squad it may help him to settle better? He is a Gestifute client also..

Guess it depends on whether Bayern would be prepared to cut their losses (and who they get in as manager) but potentially with Sanches and Neves you're looking at the bedrock of the Portuguese midfield for the next 10 years

Given that Wolves have apparently bid £35 million for a player, just what kind of budget will be available next season?

If we go up (like that is even a difficulty) then I wouldn't be at all surprised if we spent £175m in the summer.

If we go up (like that is even a difficulty) then I wouldn't be at all surprised if we spent £175m in the summer.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that Wolves would be shopping at Harrods, perhaps I got too used to us shopping at Poundland...

It'll be interesting to see what we do in areas where players have had decent seasons, but aren't top half Prem players, the wing backs, right sided centre half, centre forward are obvious positions.

Speaking of players who've been having horror shows - anyone think Renato Sanches might be an option?

He has obviously not lit the place on fire at Swansea (literally or figuratively) but working under Nuno with the other Portuguese lads in the squad it may help him to settle better? He is a Gestifute client also..

Guess it depends on whether Bayern would be prepared to cut their losses (and who they get in as manager) but potentially with Sanches and Neves you're looking at the bedrock of the Portuguese midfield for the next 10 years
He's really not very good. There's a reason he's barely played anywhere for the past eighteen months.

Upgrade. Fairly simple really.

If the shit go down and struggle with their squad this summer is going to feel like Championship Manager after fucking about with the edit function

Sanches is a weird one. His move to Bayern didn't really make a whole lot of sense to me to begin with and I certainly don't think anyone at Swansea knows what to do with him.

Frankly, I'm not sure what to do with him, either. Seems like there's not a great deal of use for a box-to-box midfielder in his mold anymore. You'd have to shape the team around him.

Upgrade. Fairly simple really.

If the shit go down and struggle with their squad this summer is going to feel like Championship Manager after fucking about with the edit function

Like taking the big money takeover on Fifa and buying all the high potential youngsters as the meme goes...

I remember thinking he was decent at the Euros, but was it just cuz he ran around a lot?? Then again... I wasn't Dave's biggest fan...

I remember thinking he was decent at the Euros, but was it just cuz he ran around a lot?? Then again... I wasn't Dave's biggest fan...
He carried the ball well and looked to get at players. He was a good foil to the rest of that Portuguese midfield who are generally two touch and pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back