• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price has gone then

The wrong move for him IMO. He's way too young to head out to the graveyard that is MLS, he'll end up in a comfort zone instead of challenging for top honours and really pushing himself to reach the peak of his game. He's only 25, most players reach the peak of their game at that age, but he's gonna be out in the MLS strolling around. His lifestyle will probably improve, but as a footballer, his game won't.

Sad to see him go, a great servant to Wolves.

or he could just want to go and enjoy his football in a nicer climate and without the pressure and criticism that players get over here..good luck to him.

I think Price has reached the peak of his career in some ways, I can’t see him being any more than a solid championship midfielder. Expanding his horizons and going somewhere completely new is a lot less comfortable than just moving to another English club. I hope he does well out there

I think Price has reached the peak of his career in some ways, I can’t see him being any more than a solid championship midfielder. Expanding his horizons and going somewhere completely new is a lot less comfortable than just moving to another English club. I hope he does well out there

That's my feeling on it too. He's not good enough for the Prem so he's only really going to nail down a spot at somewhere like Ipswich and spend forever in midtable Championship. The chance for a complete change might actually be quite an attractive one for him.

That's my feeling on it too. He's not good enough for the Prem so he's only really going to nail down a spot at somewhere like Ipswich and spend forever in midtable Championship. The chance for a complete change might actually be quite an attractive one for him.

Live in Colarado or Ipswich... Tough one

Agree with most other posters on this one - he's reached his limit (mid-Championship) and he can either look forward to another 5-10 years of the same old same old, travelling around the football hotspots of Barnsley, Millwall or Sheffield on cold, rainy days in December, or he can go over there to a new country, a new culture, a decent lifestyle, some warm weather and just play his football while he's still enjoying it.

Agree with most other posters on this one - he's reached his limit (mid-Championship) and he can either look forward to another 5-10 years of the same old same old, travelling around the football hotspots of Barnsley, Millwall or Sheffield on cold, rainy days in December, or he can go over there to a new country, a new culture, a decent lifestyle, some warm weather and just play his football while he's still enjoying it.
100% agree. Very few people are afforded an opportunity like that, so fair play to him for taking himself out of his comfort zone and giving it a go. If it all goes Pete Tong, he’ll have no problem in securing a move back to England.

He might not give 2 shits about what he achieves and just want sunshine and money. Not everyone who plays loves it

He ain't done bad for himself for a player with his ability, don't agree he'd get in Ipswich side , very average at best.

A rumour on Twitter, translated from Italian

The @Wolves did deliver at Milan a supply of 42 million pounds to Andre silva the company refused. [@Oracolo_RN ]

$#@!ing hell I can't wait for this Summer

Given Fosun's ambition it appears that no-one is off limits. I've decided to support Portugal in the World Cup given that they'll all be Wolves players next year.

We're already operating towards the top end of the Gestifute client base so there aren't too many options without getting into delusional territories.

Andre Silva could be one of those given his horror show so far in Milan.

And Ronaldo clearly isn't happy in Madrid... (okay sorry that if delusional territory).

In the summer it would not surprise me if we are putting bids of £30-35m in for people.

And Ronaldo clearly isn't happy in Madrid... (okay sorry that if delusional territory).

In the summer it would not surprise me if we are putting bids of £30-35m in for people.

I don't see Ronaldo as delusional. Fosun will want to make a statement to their domestic overlords that they are serious and Ronaldo is as big a name there is who is represented by Gestifute.

30-35 million will be at the lower end of our purchases.

i've no doubt fosun will be going for it, though i don't think for ronaldo.

our squad under nuno is the sort of young and hungry i'd only have been able to imagine us having on football manager ..up to now.

i'm still trying not to think about us competing in the top half of the Prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back