• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had we stayed up we would have signed Gorkks as well :icon_lol:

Agree Batth not been great in most games and easy to see now that Bennett is a few steps ahead of him in the out for a throw, solid CB type. None of us think he's the Messiah but he's in good form and maybe stopping a change-up of Hause coming into the back 3.

Miranda I see where EP is coming from. He looks to have a bit less strength and gets bullied a bit, but is fab on the ball and despite our debate on his passing a while back, it's great for a CB. It's odd. At the minute I wouldn't want him coming in over B/C/B or Hause, but I think he's a better overall player than Bennett, in this formation...

I'd be very surprised, maybe if it is on loan and we are wrapping up one or two of Jota/Leo/Boly/Vinagre on permanent deals?

Just don't see the benefit other than as a back up in emergency.

Signing Rafa Mir ended our interest in signing strikers.

We should cash in on Miranda. He’s 6th choice. He’s no better or worse than Batth or Bennett (Bennett is far superior on performances for Wolves).

If we expect our first choice to be Hause - Coady - Boly then he’s not going to get a look in. Especially as Saiss can cover LCB in an emergency.

With him not being English, it’s a waste of the HG quota especially when he isn’t much of an improvement on he English lads we already have.

I expect Miranda was signed to play the Coady role. He would look a bit shaky at RCB at times and even more so on his weaker side at LCB. He reads the game very well and is great on the ball, but he probably doesn't want to hang around as second choice to Coady or 5th choice to the wider centre half roles.

That’s the rumour mill. The Guardian isn’t reporting *it*, it’s reporting the rumour.
Birmingham Mail running with 'Wolves open talks on Grabban with interest being shown by Villa and Cardiff'.

A masterful piece of skullduggery to initiate a bidding war between those cited while we quietly get on with our activities elsewhere?

All depends if Leo is signing permanently. You'd think it'd be a no-brainer, but you also think it'd be done by now. Unless we have to wait until the summer to do it.

All depends if Leo is signing permanently. You'd think it'd be a no-brainer, but you also think it'd be done by now. Unless we have to wait until the summer to do it.
Does the Saudi league have a January window? Could be that they literally can't discuss it until June.

Doesn't matter, the window applies to the signing club.

Hause to Boro, Preston or Millwall on loan according to the usually pretty reliable Pete O'Rourke. Also most of of the Portuguese press calling bollocks on the Miranda story today.

Kind of surprised at that. I thought he'd get ahead of Miranda now.

Hause to Boro, Preston or Millwall on loan according to the usually pretty reliable Pete O'Rourke. Also most of of the Portuguese press calling bollocks on the Miranda story today.

Suggests that on Twitter - but says we're going to give him a new contract first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back