• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miranda is better than Batth - still wouldn't put him back in the team at the moment though

Can't see any reason why would get rid of him now though unless we'eve been offered a deal too good to lose (not that we need the money though)
Roddy is used to being a captain, always playing, may possibly just not like England very much, etc. And tbf I'd be a tad rankled if I came in as a sure starter and eventually got passed up for Batth and Bennett (full credit to Bennett tho honestly).

Wasn't ever convinced by Miranda from game one, however he played the majority of his games out of his best position and ironically he's one of those players I think could potentially do a better job in the Prem than the Champ.

Bonatini has proven a very good acquisition this year and would be a very serviceable backup in the league above. If £5m is the fee then we should get him in.

Grabban for between £7.5 and £9.5m as seems to be the fee being banded around would be madness.

Cardiff seems to be the likely destination for Grabban now. And seriously, if he is worth £7.5m then Ruben Neves is wroth £40m

Wasn't ever convinced by Miranda from game one, however he played the majority of his games out of his best position and ironically he's one of those players I think could potentially do a better job in the Prem than the Champ.
Pretty much my take on Rodders, he's clearly got ability and I'm not sure why people are so quick to write him off.

Maybe he's in the same boat as Saiss was this time last year who took time to properly settle in. I seem to remember people on here saying we could do without him and look at him now.

Rodders problem is he's clearly not as good as Boly.

The problem with Miranda is, whilst he is good on the ball, he isn't a very good defender, he isn't strong enough and gets bullied too easily, a bit like Mancienne.

If Rodders is off, then I would imagine that points to a permanent deal for Boly being done shortly. Realistically he is behind Boly & Hause for the LCB position, and if you're to move him out of position in to the RCB berth then he is behind Bennett & Batth. I imagine there will be a numbers of potential clubs that would like him in his home country of Portugual, so it's a deal that makes sense. Especially as we should have no problem in getting our money back.

I also think (without being big headed and wanting to give things the kiss of death) that the Johnny Phillips article over the weekend was spot on; in that Nuno & his team have one eye on next season and being in the Premier League. Clearly with Rodders 6th choice CB in the Championship, he isn't going to make the leap to first choice in a league above, so if we have a suitor who will give us £2.5-3m now, take it and put that money towards securing Boly.

The problem with Miranda is, whilst he is good on the ball, he isn't a very good defender, he isn't strong enough and gets bullied too easily, a bit like Mancienne.

This isn't the player I've seen. It is fair to say he was very good early season and for whatever reason his form has dropped off and the form of Bennett has been excellent. Miranda is nothing like Mancienne as a player, not even close.

Batth has been abysmal this season.

This isn't the player I've seen. It is fair to say he was very good early season and for whatever reason his form has dropped off and the form of Bennett has been excellent. Miranda is nothing like Mancienne as a player, not even close.

Agree with this. He's just been a bit unlucky with Bennett taking his chance and Boly returning to fitness, done very little wrong himself and infact turned in some excellent performances earlier in the season. He was brilliant in the villa game.

I'd say that there would only be Villa in this league that wouldn't have him in their starting line up.

If Rodders is off, then I would imagine that points to a permanent deal for Boly being done shortly. Realistically he is behind Boly & Hause for the LCB position, and if you're to move him out of position in to the RCB berth then he is behind Bennett & Batth. I imagine there will be a numbers of potential clubs that would like him in his home country of Portugual, so it's a deal that makes sense. Especially as we should have no problem in getting our money back.

I also think (without being big headed and wanting to give things the kiss of death) that the Johnny Phillips article over the weekend was spot on; in that Nuno & his team have one eye on next season and being in the Premier League. Clearly with Rodders 6th choice CB in the Championship, he isn't going to make the leap to first choice in a league above, so if we have a suitor who will give us £2.5-3m now, take it and put that money towards securing Boly.

I don't think it is the kiss of death at all, Jinky. We are 1/12 to win the league and 1/100 to be promoted. It would be rank bad management if we didn't now start to prepare for the Premier League, and the 'new Wolves' don't do bad management. Very easy to say to a transfer target now, "Come and play 20 games in the Championship and you'll be a Premier League player next season." Only one possible fly in the ointment - has anyone else seen reports that Willy Boly's wife doesn't like it here and so he won't be signing permanently?

I don't think it is the kiss of death at all, Jinky. We are 1/12 to win the league and 1/100 to be promoted. It would be rank bad management if we didn't now start to prepare for the Premier League, and the 'new Wolves' don't do bad management. Very easy to say to a transfer target now, "Come and play 20 games in the Championship and you'll be a Premier League player next season." Only one possible fly in the ointment - has anyone else seen reports that Willy Boly's wife doesn't like it here and so he won't be signing permanently?

Where have you read this, mate? Can't say I've seen this anywhere and it sounds like a classic transfer window made up story to get people chatting, if I'm honest :icon_lol:

Bound to be Twitter nonsense.

I really don't understand the level of criticism for Miranda. He's a good player - comparisons to Mancienne are ridiculous! I think he'd still be a regular if Bennett hadn't been so impressive (which has totally proven me wrong). Personally I hope the rumours of Rodders leaving are baseless and he stays.

Behave :icon_lol:

Behave :icon_lol:

Abysmal may have been harsh but I think he's been the poorest of everybody that has played in the back 3. I can't think of a good game he's had, more that he's been passable.

Where have you read this, mate? Can't say I've seen this anywhere and it sounds like a classic transfer window made up story to get people chatting, if I'm honest :icon_lol:

It's on wolvesrumours.co.uk.......

Saw Miranda at Brentford in that match i saw some stunning defending from him.

2 tackles in particular were better than any tackle I can remmember any other wolves player making.

Certainly would not be letting him go, he is better than both Batth, and Bennett.

Whilst i agree with both Bennet and Batth being in the team due to current form neither have the ability to step up Miranda does

He started the season as first choice on the right of the three - where I think he looked more comfortable than on the left as that was when Boly and Hause were both injured.

He's better than Batth (who equally has done fine this season, just isn't as good as the others) and I'd argue he's better than Bennett who absolutely deserves his place right now. Where he might be in trouble if he we were to move Boly across to put Hause in. The play could also have been to play him as the central defender and yet we know how brilliant Coady has been.

I'd be disappointed to see him leave, as I think he has a much higher ceiling than the likes of Bennett and Batth, but if he does go for whatever reason it won't be the end of the world I suppose.

He started the season as first choice on the right of the three - where I think he looked more comfortable than on the left as that was when Boly and Hause were both injured.

He's better than Batth (who equally has done fine this season, just isn't as good as the others) and I'd argue he's better than Bennett who absolutely deserves his place right now. Where he might be in trouble if he we were to move Boly across to put Hause in. The play could also have been to play him as the central defender and yet we know how brilliant Coady has been.

I'd be disappointed to see him leave, as I think he has a much higher ceiling than the likes of Bennett and Batth, but if he does go for whatever reason it won't be the end of the world I suppose.

Totally agree. The standard of defending we've seen this season is a different level to what we're used to. I don't think any of our CBs have let us down - all of them are playing far better than we've seen over the past god knows how many years.

We're light years away from those Halcyon days of Roger Johnson and Kaspars Gorkss. <shudders>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back