• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for Jack. More young British players should be making that move IMO.

The winner of the MLS was Toronto their centre forward is Jozy Altidore. Bradley Wright Phillips has been towards the top of the scoring charts for the last few seasons - at the very best it's lower Championship standard.

MLS is Lg1 standard with the odd Prem player in each team. It's a pretty poor standard.

Matt Murray quashed the Keane story yesterday on Twitter. Apologies if it’s posted on here already, couldn’t see it.

“Nothing in Keano story. I spoke to him yesterday.”

Matt Murray quashed the Keane story yesterday on Twitter. Apologies if it’s posted on here already, couldn’t see it.

“Nothing in Keano story. I spoke to him yesterday.”

Where did story come from, and given how things have evolved at Molineux, would we want him now?

Alex Telles :icon_lol:

He's one of the best left backs in the world.

birmingham mail are going with this one today.

on the keane bullshit, burrows certainly rubbished it during commentary yesterday.

From what little I've seen of the MLS it's in no way better than the Scandinavian leagues. Each of which having one or two stand out teams that would probably be good enough to be competing in the top of the Championship - FC Copenhagen on their very best might not even be dead certs for relegation from the PL. The poorer teams would probably be mid L1 standard. Over the hill pro's form the bigger leagues, John Arne Riise being one example, tend to find it very tough after returning home as the physical demands are too high - I am not sure that is encessarily the case over the pond, though that might be down to a different kind of football being played rather than just about the quality.

Is John Arne Riise still playing? He must be knocking on 40 now surely?

He's retired now, 37 years old (I didn't just know that I googled before you think I'm weird)

Johnny Phillips is a top journalist; his superb Wolves documentary at the start of the season is further evidence of that.

Also doesn't hurt that he's a Wolves fan!

He went back to his hometown club, Aalesund, a middle of the table club in terms of players and resources, I think it was a couple of years ago (won't bother googling it) so he wasn't that old tbf. Didn't work out at LB, so they tried him in midfield, but he simply couldn't keep up with the game. Then again he might be a poor example as he is a bit of a p...k (and about as dim as they get to add) and probably expected to just walk around being the biggest fish in the pond. He had his contract terminated mid season and soon after retired, if I recall correctly.

My point was that, at least until very recently, quite a few big name has-been's whose legs had gone completely would go stateside and at least be decent enough to get game time there.

Last edited:
Bit surprised re Price unless there were no offers from within the Championship which he is more that good enough for (& probably wouldn't want to drop lower)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back