• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF if it pissed Bruce off, I'd be 100% for this. Just to get another reaction in the press from him.

(Assuming it isn't just total BS, I'm not totally against it - it just makes no sense on any level whatsoever.)

Think Spiers is pretty spot on these days to be fair.
Nah I agree, I actually like him (or maybe I like Nathan Judah so much that the feeling spills over to Timbo).

Notice who the author is?

Yeah. Probably paid him to write an article that would create a load of traffic through their website. Guess he achieved that if nothing else!

We should no more go back to Robbie Keane than I should go back to my first wife...

Lot of pant wetting on Facebook about him coming back,lots wanting him and lots giving me abuse because I said he's too old,too injured and it'd be one last big payday for robbie

No interest seeing him as a player, as a coach possibly has some use

Has he any coaching experience? I'm wary of giving people coaching jobs because they were good players. Just as with managers, it doesn't necessarily transfer.

Wouldn't want him as a player either. I'm too young to remember Robbie too so no sentiments for me. He warrants a place or doesn't come.

I'm sure it's just clickbait bollocks but I can't see any reason for giving Robbie any role in the current set up, much as I loved him when he was here. If the club was struggling to connect with the fans and the town, there'd be an argument for bringing in an old face (albeit a weak one), but I'm not sure I can remember a time when coaches and management had a better rapport with the fanbase (looking from some distance admittedly).

Absolutely no need for bringing him back in an capacity.

Strange one if it happens as it doesn't fit what type of player we have bought under Nuno. Not sure he'd get anywhere the team now, 5 years ago maybe, but I honestly don't think he'd get a kick now.

Strange one if it happens as it doesn't fit what type of player we have bought under Nuno. Not sure he'd get anywhere the team now, 5 years ago maybe, but I honestly don't think he'd get a kick now.

Exactly right. WE are 12 points clear at the top of the league. We don't need an "old head" to "see us over the line." We need to carry on playing exciting, exhilarating football. We will be so far over the fucking line it will be invisble

I will be amazed if we sign Keane but if Nuno wants him then I can't really argue with his decision after a successful transfer window last time around and his ability to turn players you expected nothing from into key players.

I will be amazed if we sign Keane but if Nuno wants him then I can't really argue with his decision after a successful transfer window last time around and his ability to turn players you expected nothing from into key players.

I agree, if Nuno wants him in you can't question that as his record with transfers at our club, and with existing players he wanted to keep, speaks for itself. I'd be amazed if we signed him though!

Any YouTube videos of Mir has shown he is a really raw talent. Robbie Keane could teach that boy a lot and also help Leo, I think RK would be an excellent addition to to team for these reasons.

Any YouTube videos of Mir has shown he is a really raw talent. Robbie Keane could teach that boy a lot and also help Leo, I think RK would be an excellent addition to to team for these reasons.

On what basis do you make that assumption?

On what basis do you make that assumption?

About Mir or RK??

Mir is a kid with no first team experience. RK is about as seasoned a pro who has been there and done that, that you could possibly find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back