• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nash says we're after Robbie Keane...

Emotional return.

Fuck him. We don't need him and he's had ample opportunity to come back when our need was greater and chosen not to.

Wolves wanted to sign Keane in August but he had already committed to joining ATK, whose season runs from November to March. But Nuno has kept close tabs on his progress since.

The ex-Tottenham striker has only recently regained full fitness after an Achilles injury prevented him from making his debut until December. But he has since scored once in three games under ATK chief coach Teddy Sheringham, his former Spurs team-mate.

Nuno believes Keane's experience will help get Wolves over the line in the Championship promotion race. Nuno also wants a right wing back and a central midfielder this month and will let Ben Marshall, Michal Zyro and Prince Oniangue go.

Fuck him. We don't need him and he's had ample opportunity to come back when our need was greater and chosen not to.

Aye, there's no way I'd go for it. Would never play and isn't up to this level any more.

We'd be as well giving Bully a one game deal vs Sheff Wed at home.

I'm not sure how Keane's most recent season went but I will say that LA Galaxy absolutely collapsed without him.

Can't see any truth in it, not in a playing capacity. He doesn't fit our 3-4-3, not even close.

What?...meh, if its to see out final matches than id rather have Donovan Wilson or Duckens up front.

Counts as homegrown presumably...? [emoji848][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bizarre. I wonder if there's the possibility of a coaching role as it doesn't fit anything Nuno has done so far in terms of recruitment.

I'm not sure how Keane's most recent season went but I will say that LA Galaxy absolutely collapsed without him.

Can't see any truth in it, not in a playing capacity. He doesn't fit our 3-4-3, not even close.

He would have been brilliant in the centre of the three in his prime.

I'm guessing that's just media bollocks,it's makes no sense considering our other signings,young,talented possibility of good sell on price,Keanes too old and probably past it for this league,might as well get lescott back as well for the emotional homecoming

There has to be at least one link for him every transfer window - it's the law

Won't (& shouldn't) happen

It's probably just Nash knowing fuck all

That or we are just doing it to take the piss.

Don't get the Keane link at all unless he would be coming with a coaching role lined up even then i just don't see it. He'd never play when we have Leo and Rafa and no idea why Nuno would want him as a coach.

Don't get the Keane link at all unless he would be coming with a coaching role lined up even then i just don't see it. He'd never play when we have Leo and Rafa and no idea why Nuno would want him as a coach.

Yeah this is what I'm thinking too.

It's the kind of signing Villa would make, not us.

Yeah this is what I'm thinking too.

It's the kind of signing Villa would make, not us.

Maybe that's the plan. Send a little tickle out in the media, wait for Steve Bruce to read it over his double egg and bacon with extra egg tomorrow morning. Then BAM, Villa have swooped and given him a two and a half year deal.

Spiers has just rubbished the rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back