• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Skyrim was incredible, as was GTA V. Probably my favourite games of the previous generation.

Honourable mentions for Cod MW 2 and black ops 1, Fallout 3, red dead redemption, borderlands 2 and the Tomb Raider reboot.

Actually going to have a decent opportunity to get on the X-Box One over the next couple of days. Think I might get properly cracking on Witcher III.

Regarding Skyrim, I shudder to think how many hours I poured into that game. Must be in the multiple hundreds.

Skyrim was incredible, as was GTA V. Probably my favourite games of the previous generation.

Honourable mentions for Cod MW 2 and black ops 1, Fallout 3, red dead redemption, borderlands 2 and the Tomb Raider reboot.

I thought MW2 was a massive letdown TBH. Not a patch on CoD 4. Black Ops was great though.

CoD4 just got so much right. I'm not sure I've played an FPS of that style since then that even comes close to it.

I came into the Cod games at Black Ops and then played MW 2 and 3, never got round to MW1 for some reason!

@Paddy, It was the only game I played for 6 months.. and the only game I have ever completed (the main quest) and still played a sizeable chunk afterwards!

Think the first Modern Warfare would have to go down as my top Xbox360 game, wasted countless afternoons/evenings on that with mates from Uni, only game I ever played a great deal online until World of Tanks too, RDR deserves an honourable mention, can't include Skyrim though as I had/have that on PS3 instead.

Hoping for a good PS4 deal somewhere on Friday, few games I like the look of now not coming out on the older generation so might finally have to upgrade.

Think the first Modern Warfare would have to go down as my top Xbox360 game, wasted countless afternoons/evenings on that with mates from Uni, only game I ever played a great deal online until World of Tanks too, RDR deserves an honourable mention, can't include Skyrim though as I had/have that on PS3 instead.

Hoping for a good PS4 deal somewhere on Friday, few games I like the look of now not coming out on the older generation so might finally have to upgrade.

There are some awesome deals for PS4/XB1 at the mo - Friday should be interesting. I'm hoping for some cheap deals for Wiimotes - not paying £30 for one! It'll be an ebay job otherwise.

There are some awesome deals for PS4/XB1 at the mo - Friday should be interesting. I'm hoping for some cheap deals for Wiimotes - not paying £30 for one! It'll be an ebay job otherwise.

I've not seen anything 'fantastic' yet on either XB1 or PS4, though I'm leaning more to the latter now, most places seem to have them around £300 with a couple of games thrown in.

Same for both consoles. Just picked up an XBOne with Star Wars battlefront and some other bits and bobs for £308.99. I can't see the prices of the consoles dropping on Friday. Supply and demand mean there is no need. The games, on the other hand, could see some good deals.

The triple arcing story on the first modern warfare is under rated. They became big brass predominantly multiplayer focused since that one so I think people tend to forgot how well it was worked. Crawling alone after the nuke is set off for example is a sublime gaming moment.

Cod 4, Forza Horizon and Gears of War 1 and 2. Spent so much time on all those games. Skyrim helped me through a shit time in my life. Used to sit there for hours every night.

It is probably on another thread, but my record with Skyrim on a week where the wife was away on bizz was I think just under 17 hours solid Skyrim play in a 24 hour period. I don't think I slept at all.

It is probably on another thread, but my record with Skyrim on a week where the wife was away on bizz was I think just under 17 hours solid Skyrim play in a 24 hour period. I don't think I slept at all.

The Skyrim thread is comedy gold at times - mainly Squeeze's posts about you :icon_lol:

It was a phenomenal game - I managed to get 1000G on it - before the DLC arrived.

I have never played the DLC parts. Micro says they are towser's wedding tackle, so I ought to investigate.

I never even finished the main storyline on Skyrim, probably not even close to 50% of the way through it, just used to wander off exploring and doing the side quests. Not sure why I stopped playing it in all fairness, must have got distracted by another game at some point and forgot to go back to it.

I was really into Skyrim then kind off got bored of it and stopped playing.

My gaming has decreased a lot. If it wasn't for my lad using the xbox it would have been sold on by now.

I don't tend to have long spells of gaming anymore either to be fair, the odd weeknight I might be able to play for a few hours solid but generally don't have the time now I travel a lot further for work and then the weekends usually busy making up for not being able to do much after work in the week. Will sometimes have a clear Sunday if the televised games aren't much to shout about but that doesn't happen too often.

Think that's why I end up playing World of Tanks more than anything else now, easy to pop on for a couple of 5-10 minute matches when you've got a bit of spare time, wouldn't even be able to get through a little side quest on Skyrim in that time!

More Star Wars last night - and I'm really really enjoying it. It's rather addictive - did a 'Supremacy' game on Endor, and I hadn't realised just how detailed the maps are. Supremacy means you have to take control of certain command points across the map - I think it's the Star Wars version of 'Rush' on Battlefield - and I found myself trying to take a command point located inside one of the shield generator buildings from Return of the Jedi. I didn't even know it was on that map!

I'm unlocking plenty of new perks as well - nowhere near as detailed as CoD's perks systems, but the simplicity actually does help the game. Learning the map layout is obviously important - and some of them are absolutely massive - but otherwise, it's not that tricky to score really well. Other games, you might find some useful pick ups, maybe even get to play as a hero/villain.

It's great fun!

Played as Boba Fett, flew around the map, found this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448563704.323492.jpg

Flew back, carried on killing.

Then got too excited and booked my ticket to see the new film in December.

Back