• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I must dig out my Zelda games, got Ocarina and Majora's Mask on my old N64, but also got them downloaded to an SD on my Wii, Also got Link to the past on there. I love the Zelda games but have only ever completed OcARINA of time. Must start playing the again.

I have ISS 98 still. Awesome game.

I love Zelda. The Wind Waker being my favourite - looking forward to seeing what the new one has to offer.

And I also love the 3D Mario games - more so than the 2D ones. Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, Galaxy - all fantastic.

Link To The Past on the SNES is still the best IMO. Followed by Ocarina Of Time.

Zelda is one of those things I always intend to give a proper go and never do.

I will say that Sonic 1 and 2, plus Sonic and Knuckles still hold up pretty well today. The Sonic Adventure games on Dreamcast were quality as well but we shall not speak of Sonic on the Xbox 360 or the dismal 'party' offerings. Seen footage of Sonic on the GameCube and it looks nice enough for the time but just...not Sonic.

Zelda is one of those things I always intend to give a proper go and never do.

I will say that Sonic 1 and 2, plus Sonic and Knuckles still hold up pretty well today. The Sonic Adventure games on Dreamcast were quality as well but we shall not speak of Sonic on the Xbox 360 or the dismal 'party' offerings. Seen footage of Sonic on the GameCube and it looks nice enough for the time but just...not Sonic.

I agree with that. They were quite something back in the day and are still more than playable. It's a shame they never really developed Sonic past the 16 bit machines, the total opposite to Mario. My brother and I spent hours playing split screen Sonic 2.

Thanks guys Im going to go on a Zelda bing tonight. Got all the main titles including Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Is the new Zelda on the Wii U alone ?

Thanks guys Im going to go on a Zelda bing tonight. Got all the main titles including Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Is the new Zelda on the Wii U alone ?

I'm pretty sure it is, yes.

Anyone on here ever play the Final Fantasy games? Not my thing but they have an insane following.

Planning on leaving December mostly spare work wise as it's been a gruelling year, so many games I've bought and barely touched so time to crack on (along with eating like a king and watching loads of football/darts). Noticed the other day that I bought Arkham City two years ago and I've never even turned it on.

Anyone on here ever play the Final Fantasy games? Not my thing but they have an insane following.

Planning on leaving December mostly spare work wise as it's been a gruelling year, so many games I've bought and barely touched so time to crack on (along with eating like a king and watching loads of football/darts). Noticed the other day that I bought Arkham City two years ago and I've never even turned it on.

I only ever played FF VII which was great. Started on VIII but just didn't enjoy it so left them alone.

The Arkham games are absolutely tremendous - I can't praise them enough.

Stuff like that Megadrive thing is a bit of a waste of money with all the emulators available online.

I still have my SNES and about 40 games in a drawer. Some of the games go for about £20 on their own now as they are still all boxed and mint. I keep meaning to sell them but never get round to it.

Some games go for way more than £20! I have a mate who collects mega drive games and he h's paid 3 figures for some - and that is cheap compared to some real rarities!

VII and VIII are my two favourite Rpg's of all time (although I do have a soft spot for the Suikoden series) and VII is probably my fave game of all time. IX is pretty solid too along with VI, haven't really played any of the newer generation as thought X was too linear and I've always preferred the classic turn based combat which they've long since ditched.

Class game, love that ds too. I don't have a fancy set up as am in the box room, but I have all my consoles set up in the room, snes, mega drive and mega cd, sega saturn still regularly played, my missus thinks I am mental. Bear if you ever look to sell your snes games you'd get a fortune depending on what you have. The price of snes stuff has gone through the roof, even for unboxed games.

This is what I have. I know the Banjo games go for a lot nowadays.

Mystical Ninja

Mario Kart 64
Lylat Wars
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Bomber Man 64
Super Smash Bros
Super Ghouls & Ghosts (no box)
Mario Golf
Perfect Dark
Jet Force Gemini
ISS 98
ISS 2000
ISS 64
Bomberman Hero
Yoshi's Story
Doom
F-Zero X
Pilotwings 64
Mission Impossible
Diddy Kong Racing
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
World Driver Championship
Fighters Destiny
Blast Corps
Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
FIFA 98
F1 World Grand Prix
Spacestation Silicon Valley
Wave Race 64
Super Mario 64
Donkey Kong 64

Early reviews of Battlefront are very underwhelming. Think I'll be giving it a miss.

Early reviews of Battlefront are very underwhelming. Think I'll be giving it a miss.

Yeah - it looks like it's a Star Wars nerd's game rather than a gamer's game. Looks/sounds/feels amazing but not as much depth as a CoD/Halo type shooter.

I've preordered and I really enjoyed the beta - because I'm a Star Wars nerd. I'll bloody love it.

Yeah - it looks like it's a Star Wars nerd's game rather than a gamer's game. Looks/sounds/feels amazing but not as much depth as a CoD/Halo type shooter.

I've preordered and I really enjoyed the beta - because I'm a Star Wars nerd. I'll bloody love it.

Think you've knocked the nail on the head there, mate. If it was a James Bond game (for example), I would be all over it as I'm a fan of James Bond. But I'm not a fan of Star Wars, so I'll be steering clear. Especially as I've really been enjoying Black Ops 3.

Back