• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Just bought Fallout 4

Attachments

• IMG_20151110_085600.jpg
    IMG_20151110_085600.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 24
Just got a heads up that Lego Batman 3 was £4.99 for XB1 on Amazon - bought it less than 10 minutes ago. Rechecked to post it in here and it's back up to £14.99!

I got lucky there.

That's a really good deal... I've treated myself to Fallout 4 for my birthday at £34.99 on Amazon. It's now £37.99 so that extra £3 will look nice in my account.

Quote:-

"Let's assume that everyone who bought Fallout 4 paid around £35, which factors in people paying more or less and puts collector's editions/season passes as negligible impact - which they probably aren't, we're low-balling - and using SteamSpy's precise figure of 1,267,128 - which has almost certainly increased - you've got £44,349,480, $67,455,559 or €62,628,118. For one game. In three months. With deliberate underestimation of numbers. On just one platform.

Probably the most successful 8/10 game ever made.

Moving on, those million and change players have contributed to Steam's highest concurrent users number on one game ever with 469,073 folk clocking in at once earlier today. At time of writing there's just under 300,000 wandering the wasteland, according to SteamCharts. The Fallout 4 nation is the 180th most populous in the world right now, slightly above Barbados."

Lego Batman 3 arrived today. Now that was quick!!

I never realised how difficult it is to find a decent Wii U bundle! I have some Love2Shop vouchers so my range of stores is somewhat limited but bloody hell - the choice is really really poor in the places I can use them in. Especially compared to the deals on offer for the PS4/XB1.

Seems Nintendo aren't pushing their console anywhere near as hard as Sony or Microsoft.

I never realised how difficult it is to find a decent Wii U bundle! I have some Love2Shop vouchers so my range of stores is somewhat limited but bloody hell - the choice is really really poor in the places I can use them in. Especially compared to the deals on offer for the PS4/XB1.

Seems Nintendo aren't pushing their console anywhere near as hard as Sony or Microsoft.

possibly due to the rumours of a new Nintendo console early next year? If the Nintendo NX comes out in Spring they might not be too fussed about bundling the Wii U?

That'd be fine if the vouchers I have were accepted there!

possibly due to the rumours of a new Nintendo console early next year? If the Nintendo NX comes out in Spring they might not be too fussed about bundling the Wii U?

I've heard of these rumours too - but at the moment, the Wii U is their flagship device so surely they should be marketing it better than they are? And the new Zelda is still definitely happening for the Wii U which is out next year too. It just seems a bit poor to me - it doesn't cost that much more to get a good XB1/PS4 bundle which seems daft.

Once I've got the thing, I have a few accessories for the old Wii and some old games - as does the GF so there'll be plenty to keep them entertained - it's just getting the bloody console that appears to be the issue!

With Christmas on the doorstep, there'll no doubt be some good bundles coming along soon.

With Christmas on the doorstep, there'll no doubt be some good bundles coming along soon.

I'm not 100% convinced that there will be many offers for this - because the others have a fair few really good bundles available. Nintendo have just released a new bundle for it - the premium system with Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon, but that doesn't interest me as Splatoon looks a bit shit. There's a Mario Maker bundle as well but I think that might be a bit beyond my kids! Mario Kart is a must and I just want a few party games which I've seen separately for quite cheap.

The Wii U is a bit of a dead duck. Don't think Nintendo ever really figured out where they were going with it or who it was aimed at.

I've got one of these, perfect for just dicking around and kids would love it.

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/3816789.htm

Unfortunately, kids aren't blessed with the gift of pure nostalgia! I had the Mega Drive collection for my 360 and although I bloody loved it, Mini Langers called it 'old and boring'. I think he was talking about the game, anyway.....

I've played on the Wii U quote a lot and it's a superb console - some games are bloody ingenious - but I think you're right with your opening sentence. Crying shame but there's a large enough catalogue of games to keep the kids (and me, admittedly!) busy for a good while. And it turns out my better half absolutely loves Zelda so she's giving me something towards it on the proviso that she can hog it when Zelda comes out!

Stuff like that Megadrive thing is a bit of a waste of money with all the emulators available online.

I still have my SNES and about 40 games in a drawer. Some of the games go for about £20 on their own now as they are still all boxed and mint. I keep meaning to sell them but never get round to it.

The thing is if I want it on my TV through an emulator, that means hooking the laptop up to it which frankly is a pain if I'm trying to keep an eye on my email at the same time or whatever. Plus the likes of Sonic work much better with an old school pad (as bundled) than my Xbox 360 pad, they weren't designed for analogue sticks.

I haven't sorted it yet but I think you can get emulators working via the Amazon Fire TV. I might look into this.

The thing is if I want it on my TV through an emulator, that means hooking the laptop up to it which frankly is a pain if I'm trying to keep an eye on my email at the same time or whatever. Plus the likes of Sonic work much better with an old school pad (as bundled) than my Xbox 360 pad, they weren't designed for analogue sticks.
Yeah fair enough. I have a gaming PC connected to my 50 inch TV so that wouldn't be an issue for me.

I'm sure I could find an original pad and USB adapter on eBay if I wanted too as well for the authentic pad experience.

Not that I liked the Megadrive pad much though. It was a bit clunky and the shoulder buttons were naff. Nintendo always made the best pads by far.

Oh yeah, the SNES pad was superior, no doubt. We were Sega all the way in our house, though I had mates with SNESeseses so played plenty of that too. ISS was fucking quality.

I like all the Mario back catalogue these days (except the weird CD-I stuff) but never got into Zelda.

Back