• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

A bit meh unless you love the Batman games.

Yeah, but being as it's 65p for the four games and currently well under a fiver for the six...

I'll wait and see what the bonus games are.

Played Call of duty at a friends house, very unimpressed with it and am glad I'm not buying that crap.

Multiplayer is a slight improvement from the previous games and the story is a case of Same Shit Different Day.

I got MW2, BO, MW3, then stopped and glad I did.

I got shit hot at them but that's the point... Spent tooooo long on them.

Finished the campaign on Ghosts and....... I actually enjoyed it quite a lot. It ticks all the boxes of a CoD single player game:

Totally OTT - check
Wholly unoriginal - check
Linear gameplay - check
Stereotypical bad guy - check
Mission on a boat - check
Mission in a helicopter - check
Very hard to follow plot line mixed in with very weird, incomprehensible cut scenes between levels - check
Not particularly long - check

Yet there's something about this one that I enjoyed. The 'twists' in the plot are so incredibly bad and predictable that my wife managed to pre-empt one of the soldiers a few seconds before a 'huge shock' is announced. Which was quite funny. The characters are plot are all new - and they're not as bad as the forgettable dross in the Black Ops games. They've never been able to replicate the cool of Captain Price in CoD 4 but these guys are probably the best since then. Not that they're up against much competition. The dog (Riley) is cool, though criminally underused in later levels.

Yet the gameplay is strangely gratifying. There's enough variety to keep it interesting - I particularly enjoyed the missions in space and underwater, and the vehicular sections are quite good. It appears to be even more ambitious with the set plays - some of the explosions are just staggeringly huge in scale, and it did make me want to see it played on the Xbox One/PS4, because it looks pretty damn good on the current gen consoles.

I don't think I can say I'd recommend it, because if you like these brainless type of games where you just blow shit up every 10 seconds, you'll like this. If you want a CoD game to do something different and original, you won't like this.

It's more of the same, it's just that it's on an even bigger scale.

Just been and played Fifa 14 at Gamestop and it is possibly the best fifa I have ever seen. It's well presented and very refined, the ignite engine seems to completely changed everything.

Battlefield 4, what an absolute wankfest. Constant crashes which lead to unsaved stats, funnily enough, their shit servers don't manage to crash until you're actually doing quite well, then BOOM, gone, soz, come back for more unfinished rounds and unsaved stats. Gone downhill since Bad Company 2 IMO.

Battlefield 4, what an absolute wankfest. Constant crashes which lead to unsaved stats, funnily enough, their shit servers don't manage to crash until you're actually doing quite well, then BOOM, gone, soz, come back for more unfinished rounds and unsaved stats. Gone downhill since Bad Company 2 IMO.

I almost bought that today for the Ps4, cheers for the info Wanderer.

I almost bought that today for the Ps4, cheers for the info Wanderer.

Don't get me wrong, when you can stay on for a round or two, and actually get into a game, it's really good, but because that rarely ever happens, it's just not worth it.

Cheers Wanderer, I'd rather have Killzone anyway :)

I've just been and picked up an extra ps4 controller from Gamestop and played some more Fifa 14. It is honestly so so much better than the ps3 version because of small changes the ignite engine makes. The ball is practically it's own entity and players dont latch straight on to it so the through balls or tackles that leave the ball running free make it more unpredictable. The animations on passes and general player animations do make the game look a lot better than ever before. Finally the biggest difference is the fact that more than 2 players can jump for a header. This stops the stupid Bs header goals and makes corners so much more different and realistic.

Just been to gamestop and people have been queuing for the Ps4 since 6pm last night.

Anyway this is the install size of Fifa 14

1462959_10201851104216058_1905810807_n.jpg

Yay...

I will post pictures of the Next Gen Leigh Griffiths. :D

BZXXs63IcAAf1ua.jpg

For anyone interested, I've got a £10 off FIFA 14 for the xbox 360/PS3/PC code. Only to be used on Game's website unfortunately.

Also got 4 £5 off codes for the same above.

PM if interested :)

P.S.
It's nothing dodgy, Game emailed me the codes, I guess they aren't selling many copies.

I've got that email too, wasn't really too impressed with either PES or FIFA demo this year but today i've got a voucher for £10 off FIFA at Game and PES is £17.99 on play.com, could be tempted to pick up both.

Here is Ac4 on the ps4 and it does it no justice.

1400468_10201881049124662_413883787_o.jpg

and of course Leigh Griffiths in 1080p :D

BZcUgnPIAAAziVp.jpg

James, are you watching South Park on Comedy Central?

Back