• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I'm not sure they're any different, steam tends to turn into a giant glob of sales for 3 months this time of year. :icon_lol:

Seriously though, hold off on buying anything. Unless you're particularly bored right now, in which case you're not gonna lose a ton of money on a £7.49 game when it goes for a few bucks cheaper.

I'm already getting a bit of a list together for the inevitable steam christmas sale even though I've barely scratched the surface of the pile I got in the last sale.

25 years old and I still love playing Pokémon...

New game is genuinely really good, after the crappy Black/White 2. Graphics remind me of the Pokémon games on the GameCube.

26 and still love playing them myself. My copy of Y came on the Thursday so have already pumped too many hours into it. One of the few series still going where I can guarantee myself 20-30 hours of gameplay from the main story alone. Got around 70 hours out of Black 1 and still didn't get around to beating the elite 4 a second time. Loving the new ones, they look superb and is probably the longest I've played a pokemon game without turning the battle animations off. They're animated brilliantly. The wonder trade thing is a cool addition too, surprising people with hopefully decent pokemon. Although getting a Charmeleon in return for a charmander was amusing. Hope you don't mind if I add you 2 players to my friends list, my code is 3823-8985-7156.

My mate has got a legit completed copy of Pokemon Red including a Mew that he got at a Pokemon Event in London!!!

As for me, I cheated.

26 and still love playing them myself. My copy of Y came on the Thursday so have already pumped too many hours into it. One of the few series still going where I can guarantee myself 20-30 hours of gameplay from the main story alone. Got around 70 hours out of Black 1 and still didn't get around to beating the elite 4 a second time. Loving the new ones, they look superb and is probably the longest I've played a pokemon game without turning the battle animations off. They're animated brilliantly. The wonder trade thing is a cool addition too, surprising people with hopefully decent pokemon. Although getting a Charmeleon in return for a charmander was amusing. Hope you don't mind if I add you 2 players to my friends list, my code is 3823-8985-7156.

Woohoo, more friends!

My mate has got a legit completed copy of Pokemon Red including a Mew that he got at a Pokemon Event in London!!!

As for me, I cheated.

Ah, but does he have missingno??

*puts hand up and admits to being a Pokemon player in his mid 20's*

Friend code: 4081-6072-6082

I was playing on my lunch break in the middle of a business park while I ate my noodles

tumblr_mdihxkGnsY1qfqhjh.gif

I was playing on my lunch break in the middle of a business park while I ate my noodles

Quality! :D

And he can't have without cheating? He has got all 151 pokemon on RED, we were about 10 maybe, so that's 13 years ago. He went to a lot of the ghey official trading meet-ups where he hussled his way to a full 150 pokedex :icon_lol: - Mew was given to him by the official people, he got an actual IRL Mew card, larger than a standard card, and they somehow gave him Mew in the game that day as well making it 151 pokemon. I have no idea how and everyone was jealous at school, I remember.

#Childhood

missingno was more of a glitch than a cheat, and he was overpowered as hell!

I've never gotten any cool event pokeymans. ;(

*puts hand up and admits to being a Pokemon player in his mid 20's*

Friend code: 4081-6072-6082

added and added!

Only a GTS 450 so not great. How do it play with mouse/keyboard? I'm a "traditional" PC player but trying to ween myself off it on the the xbox

Drive club & Watch Dogs both delayed till 2014...

It's something for sony but I'm not sure what if any admins want to help me with those words please help...

Only a GTS 450 so not great. How do it play with mouse/keyboard? I'm a "traditional" PC player but trying to ween myself off it on the the xbox

I wouldn't know unfortunately, it's one of the few games I play with a controller.

Drive club & Watch Dogs both delayed till 2014...

It's something for sony but I'm not sure what if any admins want to help me with those words please help...

I was gutted about Driveclub. Went out yesterday before work and pre-ordered Need for speed.

The bloke in the shop said that apparently it will run better on the PS4 than Xbox one and PC.

I was gutted about Driveclub. Went out yesterday before work and pre-ordered Need for speed.

The bloke in the shop said that apparently it will run better on the PS4 than Xbox one and PC.

I've seen the rumours about how Need for speed is slightly different on all consoles.

Can't see how it would run better on ps4 vs PC, but differences between the consoles isn't a new thing. Even the PS3/360 you can compare FPS, textures, etc. There is usually a clear winner on which looks better.

Back