• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

The new Phoenix Wright game appears to have flown under the radar of a lot of 3DS owners. Absolutely brilliant game and at £20 a bargain.

The original, along with games like Hotel Dusk made the DS in my opinion.

When will I ever learn?

Playing GTA and Oblivion on the PS3
Playing Gothic 3 and about 7 other games on my Steam account.
I've now swiped Mrs HW's DS XL and started to play Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies. Looking at the reviews it can take up to 300 hours to complete.

I will never finish my games collection.

I think my dying words will be ....."has the Steam Sale started yet? Pass me my phone...I want to play some more Skyrim....."

Went for Football Manager 2014 just for the hell of it - dunno if this has its own dedicated thread but it's the first game of this type I've played so - !

There's a thread dedicated to Football Manager in the Other Sport section. Be interested to see how long it takes you to pick up being completely new to it.

Yeah feel free to ask any questions you have in there. I've been playing the series for 20 years now!

Uni and FM. Not a good combination...

(As I beat Spurs 3-0 in the third round of the 2025 League Cup)

Uni and FM. Not a good combination...

(As I beat Spurs 3-0 in the third round of the 2025 League Cup)

Surprisingly the workload's only just beginning to pick up now - I'll tell you this, Chemistry is going to be the bane of my existance!

Okay...back to topic!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/05/call-of-duty-ghosts-review

Must..... resist.....

Sniper rifles remain largely unaltered with two notable exceptions: new optics that preserve (but blur) your peripheral vision, and aim-assist has been reduced to make obnoxious quick-scoping harder to exploit.

relief.gif

Bollocks. I'm going to end up buying this, aren't I?

I won't be getting it at all because I really CBA to play near enough the same game I played 3 years ago.

for the Ps4? are you American TSB?

No. Not really sure why they are selling it yet. Ordered it from Asda along with the PS4 and they have sent the game today but there will be no PS4 until the end of the month.

At least you can look at the 49gb install onto hard drive logo... FYI in America before a console launch sometimes the games are sold weeks early.

Blimey that 500gb HDD dont look so good now... I get my ps4 a week on Friday so I'll let you know if it's worth the hasel.

So it's not a 49gb install as some sites are reporting? Can you post a pic of the back of the box please? I will post a few pics of the Ps4 I pick up next week :)

My poor old Xbox really doesn't like these newer games with their large file sizes - GTA V is nearly 8GB, CoD: Ghosts is 2GB. My hard drive is only 20GB as it was one of the first models, so I keep having to delete old save files from old games. A bit annoying - I'll have to invest in a larger hard drive and transfer it over.

Played the first few missions on Ghosts and you'll be ASTONISHED to hear that it's standard CoD. The only new feature is the use of the dog to help with stealth missions, but it's just like using a RC-XD in previous games so even that's not exactly cutting edge. It is slightly better than the last few games but the standard linear gameplay of 'follow the NPC', mega-explosions, totally OTT and wholly confusing plot are the same as ever.

I wasn't really expecting anything else though, it's multiplayer that I'm anticipating the most, same as ever.

Back