• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Think I'm going to bite at the Dark Souls offering. I'd get Left4Dead2 as well but I just don't have time

If people wait another month or so the 360's and the ps3's will drop further in price because of the next gen.

If people wait another month or so the 360's and the ps3's will drop further in price because of the next gen.

You say that, but I'm not convinced. There doesn't seem to be quite the hype and furore over the next gen consoles that I was expecting and I don't think their sales are going to be particularly high. GTA V has kept the interest in PS3 and xBox 360 at a peak and possibly even seen a boost in sales to people like me who aren't prepared to pay ~£400 for a console. No backwards compatibility is certainly an adding to the value/shelf-life of the current consoles.

Looking for a good 'Black Friday' deal on an xBox 360. Best so far is this: 250Gb Console with Halo 4, Tomb Raider & Fifa 14 for £180 - http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-360-2...ize=20&categoryIdentifier=10471#details218044

You can get it without Fifa 14 for £150 from Amazon too - http://www.amazon.co.uk/250GB-Conso...=UTF8&qid=1385731576&sr=8-4&keywords=xbox+360

Decent deals there. Not sure Fifa 14 is worth the extra £30 tbh, can probably pick it up for cheaper than that second hand?

Depends how long you want to wait for FIFA 14 - I don't think that it will drop down too soon although you do have another two games to keep you busy

I've not played Fifa for donkeys so I'm not that bothered about it at the mo. I want to get GTA V into my life.

I've not played Fifa for donkeys so I'm not that bothered about it at the mo. I want to get GTA V into my life.

That's £30 in Game this week, apparently. Batman: Arkham Origins is £22.49 as well - that's going straight into my Christmas stocking.

I've caved and bought Skyrim and Dark Souls. If I don't like them I'm blaming you lot.

I think gaming needs somebody more serious and sensible on the TV to explain to non-gamers what the appeal of the genre is.

Brooker comes across as an arse.

I love Brooker but he was having a tough time there.

Got my PS4 yesterday and enjoyed playing it so much. The graphics are so much better, the speed of the machine is quality. FIFA 14 was very crisp and played fluently, so much different to the PS3. Is it the same game engine?

Got my PS4 yesterday and enjoyed playing it so much. The graphics are so much better, the speed of the machine is quality. FIFA 14 was very crisp and played fluently, so much different to the PS3. Is it the same game engine?

No, Fifa on the Ps4 is on the new Ignite engine and it's kinda what I've been saying for 2 weeks about how different it is compared to the Ps3 version.

James and anybody else with a PS4, add me - Bandyrastard

Gotta love Black Friday in Game. Went in today to pick up Lego Marvel and found Complete Arkham (Asylum, City AND origins) available for £28.99. Bargain-tastic.

Plus Micro picked up WWE 2K13 for a very small outlay. Happy boy is kicking the shit out of the roster as Triple H as I type.

No, Fifa on the Ps4 is on the new Ignite engine and it's kinda what I've been saying for 2 weeks about how different it is compared to the Ps3 version.

The new Ignite engine makes the game absolutely gorgeous. Can the Ps3 or Xbox 360 not handle the Ignite engine?

Back