• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Rumours have it that the Conference Premier will be a playable league on fifa 14. I hope they include the conference north and south in as well. Hednesford Town to the Premier League :D

PS4 for me, for monetary reasons and really no desire to have the Kinect's capabilities.

Still dropping $520 on launch day. Ouch.

I'm not getting either. I've been pricing a new PC up and gonna connect it to the big TV. Steam all the way!

Fuck you Microsoft. I can live without the exclusives. It's not as if I'm a massive gamer anyway.

I'm not getting either. I've been pricing a new PC up and gonna connect it to the big TV. Steam all the way!

Fuck you Microsoft. I can live without the exclusives. It's not as if I'm a massive gamer anyway.

Yet you'll use a microsoft operated computer....

Only because Macs are overpriced and I've only ever used Windows.

Ps4 will be a day one purchase for me also. Really looking forward to some of the next gen games.

So true plus macs aint great for gaming but I prefer a mac.

Supporting Apple whilst slandering Microsoft is like fleeing Nazi Germany in favor of Fascist Italy.

The Xbox one will now come with a headset.

I agree. My basic machine is already specced up, GFX card and OEM version of Windows 7 bought. I bought a wired 360 controller the other week which works brilliantly with Steam, especially in Big Picture Mode (hold the Xbox button and Steam pops up full screen with access to your game library to choose which game to load).

I'll be ordering the actual PC tomorrow or Wednesday. Just need a longish HDMI cable to connect it to the TV now.

Post your spec up Bear....

I'm going to make a choice between upgrading my PC or getting a next-gen console but I'm way out of the loop for PC gaming I just don't know what's out there.

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge I5 3470 3.2ghz 6mb Cache
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LX
RAM: (8GB) 2 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600mhz
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 1tb Sata Hard Drive
PSU: Tesla 750 Watt PSU

Total: £410 delivered.

GFX: Palit Geforce GTX 650Ti BOOST 2gb GDDR5 With HDMI (Assassins Creed 3 FREE) - £124.99. Though I had a £7 off voucher with Maplin so it came in at £117.99 in reality.

£578 altogether which is about £150 more expensive than an Xbox One, but with the price of games on the net for Steam compared to on console means I'll save plenty over the course of the machine. Plus it's a PC connected to my TV so I can do plenty of other stuff with it too.

I've decided against the next-gen systems as it doesn't seem that they have improved all that much graphically over games like Metro 2033, which my PC can already run on Very High (fluctuating between 20fps and 40fps).

So I'll save my money. Although the lack of Ignite Engine on FIFA 14 this year is a major disappointment.

I was a massive console gamer, but there was nothing interesting me, so had a look into PC gaming, priced everything up, decided it may well be cheaper moving to PC, games cheaper etc, so gave it a try, haven't looked back since, games look/play better, games are cheaper too, just wish I'd moved years ago, could have saved so much money.

I'll post my specs up as well, could see what people have to play with then.

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3570k, 3.40GHz
Mobo: ASRock H77M-ITX
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB
HDD: Some 320gb I got from work, planning upgrading the 1TB WD Black soon.
PSU: Not entirely sure.
GFX: MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti 1019MHz 2GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI Power Edition (Came with AC3 & Metro Last Light which I both sold)

Came to around £600 I think. but I'd like to think the extra I've spent on building that than I would a console, I'll save over the years on games, so it evens itself out that way.

When you upgrade your HDD, do yourself a favor and spend the extra cash to get an SSD of decent capacity. Single most gratifying purchase I have ever made.

When you upgrade your HDD, do yourself a favor and spend the extra cash to get an SSD of decent capacity. Single most gratifying purchase I have ever made.

I already had one, with just my OS on, but it failed, so had to send it back, and didn't fancy buying a new SSD to just put my OS on as I'd have to reinstall everything, I was planning on just getting a 1TB and ghosting my current one on to that.

I have had an SSD for a while in my main PC too. They're not good for storing lots of games though unless you spend a fortune on a really big capacity one.

Back