• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Just seen that GTA clip. Stunning. Simply stunning. Bought.

I've never been anything but bored to death by GTA, but fuck me if that didn't do a damn good job of getting me to rethink that stance.

I've never been anything but bored to death by GTA, but fuck me if that didn't do a damn good job of getting me to rethink that stance.

It's never really been my favourite either but then Rockstar have released LA Noir and RDR since the last GTA game, so if they can incorporate the best aspects of those games into a GTA game, I'm confident I'll enjoy this one a lot more. I adored RDR, in my top 10 games of all time.

Man, I can't believe how long it's been since GTA IV. Feels like yesterday everyone was losing their shit over it.

It looks like a lot has changed in the game, It looked a lot like Red dead for me (interface wise).

I am really looking forward to this game.

I've never liked the GTA games apart from the early top down one.

Finished Last Of Us over the weekend... holy crap. If you have a PS3, you need to own it. Loved the story. The gameplay isn't bad but really the build up is better than pure zombie action.

For those of you without a PS3, you can still experience the game via the cutscenes if you'd like. Just treat it like a movie.

Here's the 3 hour version, it has a lot of the details that made the game great. If you watch only the cutscenes there are gaping holes in the plot/progression - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB5jIhB1Fg0

Marvel Heroes - have no idea why, 1st thing I got to test it out. It's OK not for me.

Horrible game. Marvel Ultimate Alliance ripoff but less fun and with a thousand of the same characters running around.

PlanetSide 2 - review and score were good so I got it, ready for later.

PS2 was pretty fun for awhile so long as a bunch of other people are online, but being torn to shred by lvl 45's with $50 in purchased gear really turned me off. Got old quite quick. Having said that, it isn't unfun or a bad game, and for free you can't really go wrong just jumping in for a bit.

I love the idea of having something amazing graphics-wise on my PC screen, I keep reading that these 2 have some of the best graphics at max-settings,

The Witcher series (Perhaps, though not sure on a time consuming open game yet),
The Crysis series (Looks fantastic, but does it play as good)

Both are great games that you shouldn't hesitate to play.

Finished Last Of Us over the weekend... holy crap. If you have a PS3, you need to own it. Loved the story. The gameplay isn't bad but really the build up is better than pure zombie action.
Mmm
For those of you without a PS3, you can still experience the game via the cutscenes if you'd like. Just treat it like a movie.

Here's the 3 hour version, it has a lot of the details that made the game great. If you watch only the cutscenes there are gaping holes in the plot/progression - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB5jIhB1Fg0

About 3-4 hours in, i'm quite a casual gamer so as yet haven't really get into it, as its something you need to sit down and get a good few hours solid gameplay at it. Those clickers are bastards that's for sure.

I've had the last of us for a few weeks. Haven't even put it in yet. Still in the wrapping.

B4h,

Try world of tanks. It is free to play and really fun.

If you like light strategy go for civ5.

If you like hardcore srategy games go for crusader kings 2.

Go for bioshock infinite for story driven fps

And iforgot on title. Check out total war series.

B3h, also check out Metro 2033 for sure. Top 5 games I've ever played.

Have you seen that on the new dash beta update Microsoft are converting their points system to pounds and pence.

People who have installed it have had their points on their accounts automatically converted. But they've put the price up at the same time so now your points are worth less.

800 points now costs £8.99 whereas it used to be about £6.80. Sneaky robbing fuckers. No doubt that will apply when they roll out the full update.

Cheers guys.

I have looked at Metro 2033 as well.

EDIT: Have noted all to look at.

I finally bought a high end rig to make the move to PC gaming. Specs below.

Case: Cooler Master Silencio 650
Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth Z87
CPU: Core i5-4670k
Cooling: Titan Triple Copper Heatpipe air cooler
GPU: 3GB GTX 780
RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600MHz
SSD: Intel 240GB 520 Series
HDD: 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green
PSU: Corsair HX850-80 Gold Modular
Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4
Mouse: Gigabyte M6900
Headset: Cooler Master Storm Sonuz

Price: £1,870

It's fucking awesome. Eats through games like Crysis 3, BF3, Grid 2 and Bioshock Infinite on ultra settings piss easy. Plenty of room for upgrades/exapnsion too in future.

I think Steam are gearing up for a big summer sale this week. There's blund to be some mega bargains.

Should start tomorrow hopefully after the Need for Speed sales end.

If anyone wants to add me on Steam my username's the same as on here.

If anyone wants to add me on Steam my username's the same as on here as well.

I finally bought a high end rig to make the move to PC gaming. Specs below.

Case: Cooler Master Silencio 650
Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth Z87
CPU: Core i5-4670k
Cooling: Titan Triple Copper Heatpipe air cooler
GPU: 3GB GTX 780
RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600MHz
SSD: Intel 240GB 520 Series
HDD: 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green
PSU: Corsair HX850-80 Gold Modular
Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4
Mouse: Gigabyte M6900
Headset: Cooler Master Storm Sonuz

Price: £1,870

It's fucking awesome. Eats through games like Crysis 3, BF3, Grid 2 and Bioshock Infinite on ultra settings piss easy. Plenty of room for upgrades/exapnsion too in future.

:icon_eek:

Moving to PC gaming update:

I am just going to keep the Xbox as we do use it almost every day that we are in, as a media player, it serves a purpose.

I have got Steam.

The Witcher series (Perhaps, though not sure on a time consuming open game yet),
The Crysis series (Looks fantastic, but does it play as good)

I fancy something that I can go - 'yeah, that really looks great on my PC', but also is not just good gfx, but a good game.

Open to suggestions.

I would really go for anything if I like the reviews and screenshots/vid - Open style, Shooting, Car game, Cartoony action, Futuristic alienz0rz, anything.

EDIT: Holy shit didn't see GTA V above! Kabbam!

I'm playing The Witcher 2 at the moment. It is excellent. Not too time consuming - I'm guessing it will be about 40/50 hours but I do explore EVERYTHING and do every side mission.
I figure if they took the time to design this stuff I should at least have a look.

I'm also playing Crysis Warhead which, whilst very short, is excellent. I think I bought it in the last Steam sale for £2.99.

If you've got 1000 hours to spare you could always play Skyrim with some mods!

I'm hoping to see Dishonored in the sale and Bioshock Infinate is also on my Wish List.

Another RPG you should be abler to pick up cheap is Two Worlds Two - I bought it last Christmas but havn't started it yet.

Look at some of the indie games on there - The Swapper is getting really good reviews.

There are also some great racing games going cheap. Check Metacritic if you're spoilt for choice!

I''ll post some photos later. I thought it was about time I treated myself to a top end PC seeing as I love my computers and always had to make do with a low end thing.

Back