• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

The big advantage with PC gaming is the price of games. After a few months a lot of A+ games come down to less than £10.
As for the Steam Sale - well it's just ridiculous. 100's of hours of top class gaming for the price of a bottle of wine. Plus a load of great indie games.
I look at some older PS3 games on Amazon and Shopto and they are still over £25. On Steam there are nearly 2500 games under £7 plus a load of FTP's.
And then you get MODS - Skyrim being a classic example. Free mods that make the game fantastic...plus 100's of hours of new quests.
And finally - the graphics on my PC are already better than the PS4 and the Xbox One.

Oh - and I nearly forgot. GOG. Good Old Gaming. Classic DRM free games. http://www.gog.com/

I think Steam are gearing up for a big summer sale this week. There's blund to be some mega bargains.

Playing Last of Us on PS3 - anything next gen is going to have to go some to better this game. I don't get time to play much any more but in the last couple of years I have really enjoyed the Bat Man games, Mass Effect and Uncharted, Last of Us is better by a margin. Not to difficult to be frustrating, hard enough to require some thought.

Playing Last of Us on PS3 - anything next gen is going to have to go some to better this game. I don't get time to play much any more but in the last couple of years I have really enjoyed the Bat Man games, Mass Effect and Uncharted, Last of Us is better by a margin. Not to difficult to be frustrating, hard enough to require some thought.

So many people I know have said similar to you - bloody typical for the PS3 to release an exclusive that I know I'd love after I sold my console!!

Ironically, after my post about the joys of PC gaming, this is the one game that is top of my wishlist. Luckily I have a PS3 tucked in the corner of my living room for occasions such as this (I bought it to play Uncharted and Red Dead Redemption).

Can't see myself ever using a PC for gaming needs because frankly, all the spec and so forth is double dutch to me. And of course most of my friends have consoles for online action. I prefer the convenience of console gaming.

So many people I know have said similar to you - bloody typical for the PS3 to release an exclusive that I know I'd love after I sold my console!!

It is one of those games where spoilers would definitely take something away from it - it just keeps surprising you. My teenage son walks out of the room when I'm playing it, says it is too much for him.

Similarly, I really like the look of Quantum Break for the new Xbox.

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge I5 3470 3.2ghz 6mb Cache
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LX
RAM: (8GB) 2 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600mhz
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 1tb Sata Hard Drive
PSU: Tesla 750 Watt PSU

Total: £410 delivered.

GFX: Palit Geforce GTX 650Ti BOOST 2gb GDDR5 With HDMI (Assassins Creed 3 FREE) - £124.99. Though I had a £7 off voucher with Maplin so it came in at £117.99 in reality.

£578 altogether which is about £150 more expensive than an Xbox One, but with the price of games on the net for Steam compared to on console means I'll save plenty over the course of the machine. Plus it's a PC connected to my TV so I can do plenty of other stuff with it too.

That's a good spec Bear where did you get it from?

Website called Freshtech Solutions. Based in Stoke. They've got shedloads of custom systems listed on their site, plus a system builder.

www.freshtechsolutions.co.uk

I checked out one or two reviews and I'm happy they are a reliable company.

Windows was from Ebay and the GFX card from Maplin online.

I've got to wait til I get home and the kids are in bed before I see that. Grrr.....

Absolutely amazing game. Easily going to be the years best game.

OMG wow just wow....

That was fucking beautiful.

Oh my god. That is jaw dropping in its brilliance. Can't wait to crouch all around that game.

Moving to PC gaming update:

I am just going to keep the Xbox as we do use it almost every day that we are in, as a media player, it serves a purpose.

I have got Steam.

I downloaded [all free]

Marvel Heroes - have no idea why, 1st thing I got to test it out. It's OK not for me.
APB Reloaded - had a quick blast, seems alright although I just acted like I was on GTA for a few minutes then exited.
PlanetSide 2 - review and score were good so I got it, ready for later.

Now it's the matter of what I spend a bit of wonga on,

Don't know where to start.

I love the idea of having something amazing graphics-wise on my PC screen, I keep reading that these 2 have some of the best graphics at max-settings,

The Witcher series (Perhaps, though not sure on a time consuming open game yet),
The Crysis series (Looks fantastic, but does it play as good)

I fancy something that I can go - 'yeah, that really looks great on my PC', but also is not just good gfx, but a good game.

Open to suggestions.

I would really go for anything if I like the reviews and screenshots/vid - Open style, Shooting, Car game, Cartoony action, Futuristic alienz0rz, anything.

EDIT: Holy shit didn't see GTA V above! Kabbam!

Standing on top of what I presume is Chilliad will be freaking nice.

Back