• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Your problem was playing it on Xbox. Half Life (and it's sequel) are some of the best games ever made. The original HL changed everything. Such a fantastic game.

Don't go too crazy buying stuff on steam unless it's at least 50% off. Steam has so many sales/specials there's no reason to ever buy needlessly or pay anything close to full price.

Thanks for that!

I see, I thought they were specs you were looking to buy. I suppose me misunderstanding and offering what I thought was advice deserved a response like 'Boo Hoo. Seriously'.

Christ, don't get pissy.

I meant 'Boo Hoo' - as in, that's a shame, I was hoping I could use max setting on my current PC...

Fair enough.

So.... Reckon I am out of luck running at max with my spec?

Jesus tap dancing Christ, Boozad.

So.... Reckon I am out of luck running at max with my spec?

With a 6770 unfortunately yeah, it'll be worth playing around with settings and seeing how it affects gameplay. You'll start dropping FPS when you push stuff too high so start backing off until games run smooth. Also download MSI Afterburner which will monitor the temperature of the GPU while you're playing, if you push it too hard it will overheat and crash.

You'll be able to upgrade the card prettily easy when you want/can, I sold my 6670 for £35 on eBay a while ago so when/if you do upgrade you could sell the 6770 to help towards the cost. Let me know if you ever want to upgrade and I'll help you find a good deal. Dabs.com are usually shit hot for deals on GPUs.

My case could beat up your case. Yours has mostly better components though. It's a draw!

Having said that I'm done with this huge case nonsense. Next rig will be half-tower or smaller, heat be damned.

computer_2011_5_wiring.jpg

My case could beat up your case. Yours has mostly better components though. It's a draw!

Having said that I'm done with this huge case nonsense. Next rig will be half-tower or smaller, heat be damned.

Nice rig. My initial choice was an Antec P280, gorgeous case with bags of room but when I checked to see if it would fit where I wanted it I realised it was actually fucking enormous and wouldn't fit anywhere so I had to change to the Cooler Master 650.

My laptop feels really small next to those.

Good thing the insides chew through any game with ease.

You pair could make a killing gold-farming online RPG's with those beasts, haha.

Nice rig. My initial choice was an Antec P280, gorgeous case with bags of room but when I checked to see if it would fit where I wanted it I realised it was actually fucking enormous and wouldn't fit anywhere so I had to change to the Cooler Master 650.

The P280 is a fantastic case and I'm normally pretty Pro-Antec... unfortunately my last Antec had that same hinged bezel on the front and I hated it, leaving their premier case a non-option. I wanted something with maximum cooling that could hold 5+ hard drives, so ended up getting what I did. My cases just keep getting bigger and bigger... Never again. Was great for initial setup and cable management, but a total pain in the ass every moment after.

My laptop feels really small next to those.

Well I'd be worried if your laptop was the size of a full tower.

The P280 is a fantastic case and I'm normally pretty Pro-Antec... unfortunately my last Antec had that same hinged bezel on the front and I hated it, leaving their premier case a non-option. I wanted something with maximum cooling that could hold 5+ hard drives, so ended up getting what I did. My cases just keep getting bigger and bigger... Never again. Was great for initial setup and cable management, but a total pain in the ass every moment after.

The Cooler Master Cosmos II is out of the question then?! I love big cases, I just don't have room for one at the moment. As soon as we start getting the inside of the house sorted and extended I'll have a huge case.

You pair could make a killing gold-farming online RPG's with those beasts, haha.

You should see my kill/death ratio on Battlefield 3... It's abysmal. Mind you I've only played on multiplayer for an hour.

Never heard of that before, looks like a handy piece of software.

I'm downloading it to see if it gives high spec PCs any sort of boost. Will post result.

Oh, and here's my specs:

Make/Model: ASUS G75
CPU: Intel Core i7 - 3610QM, 2.3 - 3.3GHz
HDD: 750GB Seagate 7200RPM
SSD: 256GB Samsung
GPU: nVidia GTX 670M (3GB GDDR5, DX11)
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz

Back