• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Boozy their is one way of telling how awesome your pc is and that is...

can you play Crysis 3 on max settings.

Boozy their is one way of telling how awesome your pc is and that is...

can you play Crysis 3 on max settings.

Yep, I'm about halfway through I think. I've got some screenshots somewhere.

So these PC rigs look VERY similar to building a rack amp and effects system for my guitars. Hmmmm - maybe I could do both at the same time?*

*no chance - Squeeze would kill me

Linky. It optimises your games' settings for you, the ones it recognises anyway. And it auto updates your drivers.

Kinda neat but it underestimates my system. Wants me to really dumb down Metro.

Kinda neat but it underestimates my system. Wants me to really dumb down Metro.

I had a few that recommended I tone down a bit. Mostly I do because I can't see any difference.

So these PC rigs look VERY similar to building a rack amp and effects system for my guitars. Hmmmm - maybe I could do both at the same time?*

Yep, just PCBs, cables and plugs and stuff. You know you want to...

Any preference on the quality of cabling? For a rack guitar system I would only use Mogami for instance.

Any preference on the quality of cabling? For a rack guitar system I would only use Mogami for instance.

Naa, the only cables you'd need come equipped with the hardware anyway, mainly the PSU. Generally the higher quality components you buy the better cables you'll get, well when it comes to PSUs anyway, I think S-ATA cables and fan cables are pretty much of a muchness. I may upgrade mine to braided cables at some point

Makes sense because in a guitar rig the cabling is crucial to your sound so it is really worth it to go for the best possible stuff.

Makes sense because in a guitar rig the cabling is crucial to your sound so it is really worth it to go for the best possible stuff.

Oh definitely, I only ever used a Boss Metal Zone outside of my Marshall 265 so cabling for me was pretty cheap even for a top end 10m gold plated 6mm jack to 6mm jack.

I have a metal zone still connected to my JVM410. Really getting the GAS regarding building a fridge-like rack system now....

I have a metal zone still connected to my JVM410. Really getting the GAS regarding building a fridge-like rack system now....

We need pictures man, plus I'll need to come round and have a thrash on it.

JVM 410
Metal Zone
ESP Horizon FR-II

That's it at the moment.

It will change though. Want to get some delays and shit. Really like the look of the Eventide pedals but £400 each is a hefty fee. Would like to trade out the Metal Zone for a Home Brew Electronics Gary Holt sig Doomsday Device and a Psylocibe chorus as well. Then a rack mount Crybaby Wah, Korg rack tuner, RG-16 effects switcher (these are amazing but they have changed it to a new unit that I need to check out), Digitech whammy, and the best noise reduction system I can buy (probably a decimator) and all is good.

You pair could make a killing gold-farming online RPG's with those beasts, haha.

My machine is used to run FM13 at 2000 fps. :icon_lol:

donot_0.png

Whoops, too late... :(

I got rid of most of my bass stuff including a massive pedal board filled to the brim, and I've still got two rigs and 6 instruments sitting around. It must all be some sort of related gear OCD. :facepalm:

Back