• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I have a mac which is literally for office and general browsing and have a

i5 2tb HDD 16gb ram and a Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Graphics Card. *edit* runs on Windows 7

It runs the supposed "test game" of Crysis 3 really well on max settings.

I am i7, 8GB, Win 7, a HDD not an SSD (Important?), and I have AMD 6700 HD.

I have wondered about gaming since I bought this, but also wondered whether it wouldn't look and feel as good as a console - What do you think?

I would get rid of my 360 and open a Steam account ready for FIFA 14, possibly before though, if it really is worth it on my machine.
Yeah that will run stuff fine.

Remember that FIFA 14 PC will be running on last year's engine.

Morning,

There is one hitch, otherwise I think I am going to get on the PC gaming!

The hitch is: We use the 360 to play Series/Movies from the PC (A lot) - How can I replace this, or is there a device I can buy that acts as a USB media player?

A Raspberry Pi running xBox Media Centre

Or buy any streaming media player. Popcorn Hour, WDTV Live, Slingbox, etc.

The Xbox one will not be shipped with a headset. The PS4 will.

I can imagine someone saying xbox off in multiplayer ;-)

No doubt. I'll be pulling that one on any of my friends who are fool enough to get the XBO. They'll deserve it.

That wouldn't work. The Kinect will automatically subtract the audio output from the machine when it listens for commands.

That wouldn't work. The Kinect will automatically subtract the audio output from the machine when it listens for commands.

But if I'm in the room with them?

If they used it for voice chat and you didn't and you played call of duty on a tv very loud. All someone has to do is yell "Xbox off"

Couple of free downloads on Live for gold members up till the end of the month. Fable 3 and Spartacus Legends...

Back