• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Not if you invest wisely.

I'm a technophobe and just a button pusher. The thought of updating graphics cards, drivers and RAM gives me a cold sweat. I had a great time playing Half Life 2 a while back though. Next lot of games didn't fit my PC.

I'm a technophobe and just a button pusher. The thought of updating graphics cards, drivers and RAM gives me a cold sweat. I had a great time playing Half Life 2 a while back though. Next lot of games didn't fit my PC.

That's fair enough. Computer building is certainly not for everyone and can be more than a tad intimidating on your first go-around. No shame in it.

At least they're owning up to the issue immediately.

Don't these large organisations do any market research before launching a product?

Don't give a shit - it's good news and common sense to change it. Although still way too early to make a definite decision (I know some people who have already pre-ordered a console - lunacy at this stage), it means I'm leaning more towards the Xbox One than the PS4.

Don't these large organisations do any market research before launching a product?

I think they knew it would be unpopular but I don't think they expected the Media reaction, the full scale of folk being pissed off and I also think they thought Sony would go down the same route. The moment Sony didn't do it they had little choice but to change their plans, especially with the price difference they were simply going to be blown out of the water and left with the fanboys as their customer base and losing a hell of a lot of folk to the PS.

Last edited:
Frank has just told me that the machine has a new name: the XBox One-eighty...

Xbox one is now going head to head with the PS4. This should be an interesting console war and fair play to Microsoft for backing down.

Fuck Microsoft even more. The shady bastards:

http://www.heyuguysgaming.com/news/12507/heartbroken-xbox-one-employee-lets-rip-must-read

So the Family Sharing was in fact timed demos that led to a marketplace link. Erm.....Sony have been doing that already with PS+. That's some very dodgy marketing for that feature that they had. Basically they tried to pull the wool over everyone's eyes and got bitten in the ass. Good. Fuck them.

So the ONLY good feature was being able to play on your console from any XB1 connected to the net. But it's more expensive, a poorer machine spec-wise, and the extra cost is you forking out for a Kinect you didn't want in the first place. Again, fuck you Microsoft.

I'm seriously considering spending £400 instead on another PC with a decent GFX card for my TV room so I can play Steam on my TV with an Xbox controller. Fuck consoles. Sony got it right first time, but ultimately it's just a souped up PS3.

I think a suped up Pc is a great idea but I'm a console g33k so I'll still get my PS4 however reading that article reeks of desperation.

The PC doesn't need to be souped up though or cost a bomb. Windows 7, a mid-range processor (i5 or low-end i7), a good GFX card and a net connection. Possibly an SSD over a HDD. That's all you need for gaming.

That's souped up in my eyes. As long as you dont get an laptop you can always upgrade the graphics card.

The PC doesn't need to be souped up though or cost a bomb. Windows 7, a mid-range processor (i5 or low-end i7), a good GFX card and a net connection. Possibly an SSD over a HDD. That's all you need for gaming.

I am i7, 8GB, Win 7, a HDD not an SSD (Important?), and I have AMD 6700 HD.

I have wondered about gaming since I bought this, but also wondered whether it wouldn't look and feel as good as a console - What do you think?

I would get rid of my 360 and open a Steam account ready for FIFA 14, possibly before though, if it really is worth it on my machine.

Back