• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Drive Club has already been announced to be a launch title, along with a couple of others.

Drive Club has already been announced to be a launch title, along with a couple of others.

I'm talking about dream line up mate.

Watch Dogs looks like fun tbf I am very impressed with what sony showed.

I'm talking about dream line up mate.

Watch Dogs looks like fun tbf I am very impressed with what sony showed.

No I know mate, just saying that one of your dream line up is a launch title!

Watch Dogs looks awesome, I think it'll win Game of The Year, that or Last of Us will win it IMO.

No I know mate, just saying that one of your dream line up is a launch title!

Watch Dogs looks awesome, I think it'll win Game of The Year, that or Last of Us will win it IMO.

The Last of Us looks really good so it will be a tough choice to decide what is game of the year. Don't forget GTA V is coming out as well so that could be Game of the year.

Elder Scrolls online looks awesome as well.

The Last of Us looks really good so it will be a tough choice to decide what is game of the year. Don't forget GTA V is coming out as well so that could be Game of the year.

Elder Scrolls online looks awesome as well.

Completely forgot about GTA, it's a good year for gaming that's for sure.

Good to see that the ps3 isn't being forgotten about with the GTA bundle, super slim and you get the game with it, also the Sony pulse GTA branded headphones.

Battlefield looks good and I'm gutted that the PS4 doesn't get MSG 5 but with what the PS4 is offering in services and how cheap it is. I am getting a PS4

Metal gear solid 5 is coming to PS4. It is not xbox1 exclusive...

Summary:

XBox One:

Xbox One launches November 2013 in 21 countries for $499 in the US, €499.99 Euro, £429 UK.
Console Exclusives include Halo 5, Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Quantum Break, Lococycle.
Call of Duty: Ghosts will be a launch title.
2 free downloadable titles per month with XBL: Gold membership
Twitch streaming integrated for live sharing of your gameplay.

E3, has taken over the city of Los Angeles, CA, and while the conference technically hasn’t even started some of the biggest names in gaming are kicking off the week with some major announcements. Microsoft began the day with a followup to their Xbox One reveal, this time with 100% more gameplay. Many people complained after the announcement of the Xbox One that Microsoft honed too much on the home entertainment aspects of the system and offered very little insight into their game titles. All that was washed away when they debuted a slew of new games, including fifteen exclusives.

Release dates are still to come on many of the titles, but we do know that the Xbox One will ship sometime this November, and Call of Duty: Ghosts is slated to be one of their launch titles. We finally got a price point on the new system: Americans can expect to pay $499 for the system, €499.99 for Europe, and £429 in the UK. 21 countries in all will see the release of the next wave of home entertainment and gaming combined.

There was sparse talk about the Blu-ray and home theater capabilities of the Xbox One, though Microsoft made sure to push the team up with Twitch. Gamers can now live stream their play with friends, and share on social networking sites, inviting friends to join them mid game. It’s a great way to experience a whole new level of gaming, even for the casual fan.

PS4:

Highlights from the Sony / PS4 press conference:

- Sony won.

I could end it at that, but let’s take a serious look at what the PS4 has to offer.

$399 US price point, $100 less than the Xbox One.
Holiday 2013 launch date.
Support of pre-owned games.
Indie developers have the ability to self publish content.
The hardware is a nice throwback to the PS2 design.

If there ever was a time to just drop the mic and walk off stage, Sony could have used a Power Point to pop those five highlights on screen and ended the night and still come out on top. Instead the company brought us a spectacular two-hour event that highlighted their dedication to gaming and the fans. Addressing many of the concerns fans have voiced since the announcement of the Xbox One, Sony drove home the point that their next gen console is a true gaming entertainment system.

Sony kicked off with full support of their Vita, calling it the “companion to the PS4.” God of War HD 1 and 2 were announced, along with the highly anticipated sequel to Telltale’s The Walking Dead. Also, not in a hurry to bury the PS3, they unveiled some new titles that had fans hollering in the crowd. The Puppeteer looks increasingly charming while Beyond: Two Souls could be intensely heart breaking. We also got the prequel to the Arkham games. Batman: Arkham Origins which brings a whole slew of rogues out to squash the Bat, including the return of The Crown Prince of Crime!

Now, onto the PS4. The box itself is a reminiscent of the PS2, which the Twitterverse lit up at. Angled and sharp, it looks like the next gen systems for both companies is sticking with the boxy design. It’s simple and modern, but what really counts is what’s inside. We didn’t hear a lot about the tech specs of the system, but there’s still a week’s worth of E3 to fill up.

The Order 1886 really impressed me, looking forward to that one.

The Order 1886 really impressed me, looking forward to that one.

I thought it was quite sarcastic and funny, like Resistance: F.O.M. Not something I'm going out of my way to buy but will buy.

Nice review Jolemai

I think E3 has finally killed Nintendo off because who's gonna want a Wii U now... :facepalm:

I thought it was quite sarcastic and funny, like Resistance: F.O.M. Not something I'm going out of my way to buy but will buy.

I think it was werewolves in it wasn't it? They resembled them anyway! What appealed to me was it was set in olden times, can't stand these futuristic games like Halo and the like.

Very tempted by the PS4. Especially having seen some Battlefield 4 footage. Not had a console since the PS2 but my PC won't handle th next generation of games. Can't be arsed with upgrading my PC when I can do everything on my laptop.

Intruiged that you can get the PS4 in the US and ship it over and it will still work. That would save alot of money!

Back