• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Sony have confirmed that any DRM will be up to publishers and not themselves, which will mean online passes for any publisher that wants to employ them. Same deal as the PS3 has really, but thought I'd mention it as it will affect 2nd hand games.

Get a load of this gem from Microsoft bigwig Don Mattrick.

Fortunately, we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of [internet] connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360.

Finding it tricky to catch up with all this, but at first glance the PS4 looks like the better deal, and a lot of that is down to the price difference.

The always online thing is a really daft move by MS, even though it wouldn't affect me as I'm always connected.

I'll need to read up more on both systems and crucially the games that come with it before committing but money is tight so I might not be able to afford either for a long while.

To be perfectly honest, neither have really grabbed me in the way that all previous 'new' consoles have when first unveiled. I think you're always going to need expensive hardware to fully appreciate the next generation which is something I just don't have.

I just wonder how far each company can go to keep gaming affordable, yet justify the new hardware needed to play them.

Finding it tricky to catch up with all this, but at first glance the PS4 looks like the better deal, and a lot of that is down to the price difference.

The always online thing is a really daft move by MS, even though it wouldn't affect me as I'm always connected.

I'll need to read up more on both systems and crucially the games that come with it before committing but money is tight so I might not be able to afford either for a long while.

To be perfectly honest, neither have really grabbed me in the way that all previous 'new' consoles have when first unveiled. I think you're always going to need expensive hardware to fully appreciate the next generation which is something I just don't have.

I just wonder how far each company can go to keep gaming affordable, yet justify the new hardware needed to play them.

The next sentence will turn you to the ps4.

Exclusive Elder Scrolls Online Beta Access.

The next sentence will turn you to the ps4.

Exclusive Elder Scrolls Online Beta Access.

Never played a MMORPG before TBH, but that does sound cool.

I don't suppose there was any mention of an Uncharted game for PS4 was there?

Never played a MMORPG before TBH, but that does sound cool.

I don't suppose there was any mention of an Uncharted game for PS4 was there?

No mention of it but you gotta expect their will be one.

Hope so.

Also, will GTA V be on the new machines? Although I think GTA IV is massively overrated, Rockstar have made RDR and LA Noir since then so I'm hopeful they'll have sorted some of the issues that bugged me before. (I still maintain that RDR is their best game by some distance).

Saw a preview of GTA V on The Blurb and it looked pretty good, though I'm assuming they were showing content from the current-gen consoles.

GTA V isn't listed as going on the PS4 or the Xbone.

The game looks like Rockstar have gone back to the lunacy of San Andreas

GTA V isn't listed as going on the PS4 or the Xbone.

The game looks like Rockstar have gone back to the lunacy of San Andreas

I got the impression that the huge scale of the map combined with 3 very different protagonists would allow for plenty of variation in gameplay.

I certainly hope so anyway.

I got the impression that the huge scale of the map combined with 3 very different protagonists would allow for plenty of variation in gameplay.

I certainly hope so anyway.

You are 100% Correct.

Rockstar have stated that the map is 3 times the size of San Andreas, Liberty City and Red Dead combined.

Just playing Red Dead Redemption again. One of the greatest games ever.

I'm no Sony fanboy (I may be a PC Gamer fanboy...), but if RDR2 was coming out on the PS4 then it's the best justification for buying it.

Rockstar know their business.

I completed it all last week and the add on.... Great storyline. Im gonna go through it again I think..

Hours I spent on that game just to collect the flowers!!

First game that has ever made me want to get 100% and i couldn't believe how gutted I was when JM got killed!!

I just realised I have RDR but don't remember ever playing it. Oops.

Hours I spent on that game just to collect the flowers!!

First game that has ever made me want to get 100% and i couldn't believe how gutted I was when JM got killed!!

But did he... Did you buy the add on ?

Back