• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I can't believe E3 is already over and all we got was 10 minutes of shitty FIFA replay footage.

EA has a lot of polishing to do on it before I'm sold.

I've had a look at some of the Xbox One games from E3. Two in particular look utterly stunning:

Ryse - I love Roman stuff, so a Rome/CoD hybrid sounds ACE to me (though there appears to be too many QTEs in the gameplay in this demo for my liking):

Sunset Overdrive - this looks fucking mental, but utterly beautiful:

Absolutely no point in making a decision about which system to get at this very, very early stage. I'm keeping my options open - just by looking at some of the Xbox One games this evening, Microsoft's system is far more appealing than I previously thought.

Ryse to me is just MS' answer to God of War, but it does look fantastic.

Sunset Overdrive looks like someone blended together Jetset Radio and that one zombie game where you're a photographer in a mall.

The thing that's really worrying me at the moment is that the games exhibitioned on the Xbox One seem to be noticeably prettier than the PS4 games.

Yes I think you're right - they do look a bit better.

It'll count for nought if they don't play well though.

Bloom makes everything look better. The demos were PC and not off either of the consoles.

MGS 5 is coming to the PS4 and not just the xbone :D

Well Microsoft won't be getting my money purely because I won't 100% own my disc-based games outright and also because if Microsoft servers go down or I lose my internet for any reason then I can't play my own games.

Those are the two restrictions I can't stomach. The always on + online thing isn't a problem for me.

If MS had allowed a secondary disk-based check for when their servers or your internet is down then that'd be fine. If they'd had limited the second hand restrictions to downloaded games only, not discs, then that would have been fine. As it is they can fuck off.

Absolutely no point in making a decision about which system to get at this very, very early stage. I'm keeping my options open - just by looking at some of the Xbox One games this evening, Microsoft's system is far more appealing than I previously thought.

I have a feeling when push comes to shove the X Box might be better. Then again they said that before and it was very marginal. I will pay more for better now the free online play has gone.

You'll be able to pay for PS+ to get online play which is the same price as Live. That still wouldn't take you up to the XB1 price, plus you also get free games every month with PS+.

PS4 still wins for me.

To be fair, Xbox Live is adding the free game feature as well, and if you bought a PS4 + PS Eye + PS Move (which brings you to the same level of functionality as the Xbox One) you'd actually be spending around $520.

You don't really need the ps eye though. You only really need it if you are strongly concerned about showing your face while chatting to friends or Playstation move.

You don't really need the ps eye though. You only really need it if you are strongly concerned about showing your face while chatting to friends or Playstation move.

I know you don't need it, I was just adding those in for functional parity.

Personally, I don't care for motion control or voice recognition, but if I did, I'd end up spending more by buying a PS4 and all other functions would be equal (including the free games through PS+ and Xbox Live).

Just remember the ps4 controller changes colours depending on what happens in the game.

Just what you need that is. A light show for your groin.

Remember that on xbox1 you do not own the games you buy. You are renting rights to play them. So if you go angry while playing fifa and start verbally abusing other player your account might get banned. Say goodbye to your games. I am not saying that one of you guys would do it but the idea of microsoft playing god with user accounts scares me.

Back