• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

xbox-one-playstation-4-console-comparison-chart1.jpg

3 Key points from that list

1: GPU - The xbones is weaker than the ps4
2: Ram - The ps4 ram is quicker than the xbone's (I think)
3: The dedicated game ram is 5gb on the xbone and on the Ps4 its rumoured at 7gb so that's better quality games if true.

It doesn't necessarily mean better quality games. It means that the games may look slightly better on PS4, or if they look the same will run at a better frame rate. A couple of PS4 launch games are stating that they'll run at 60fps.

One thing I do like about the X1 is the family sharing of games. You can have 10 people who can share and play your games library free of charge. They don't even have to be your actual family it can be friends as well. The only thing they haven't 100% confirmed yet is whether you can have two people playing the same game at once from the same library.

Oh and I also like the fact that once you are signed in to your profile you can play your own games on your own console from any X1 console in the world (that is connected to the net obviously).

People have to be on your friends list for 30 days before you can share it with them. Sorry but I'm old fashioned I'd like to be able to sell my games on Ebay or in store and thats why I'm getting the PS4.

One thing I do like about the X1 is the family sharing of games. You can have 10 people who can share and play your games library free of charge. They don't even have to be your actual family it can be friends as well. The only thing they haven't 100% confirmed yet is whether you can have two people playing the same game at once from the same library.

Oh and I also like the fact that once you are signed in to your profile you can play your own games on your own console from any X1 console in the world (that is connected to the net obviously).

that is a tick for Xbox One. Maybe I am swinging back towards it after faltering reading the post-reveal material

So you could sign into your profile at your mates house and play your games there?

People have to be on your friends list for 30 days before you can share it with them. Sorry but I'm old fashioned I'd like to be able to sell my games on Ebay or in store and thats why I'm getting the PS4.
No that's for second hand disk based games. This is for any current game that is activated on your system.

So you could sign into your profile at your mates house and play your games there?
Yep.

I'm pushed towards the Ps4 because my mates will be getting one.

I'm pushed towards the Ps4 because my mates will be getting one.

Lets be honest James, they could have released the PSJamsandwich that was just an actual Jam Sarnie and you would buy it ahead of an xBox

So if you weren't using your console, just give your login details to a mate and they can enjoy free access to your games collection?!

Yes I suppose so. But as you say, you wouldn't be able to game on your console at the same time whilst he's logged in to your profile. I guess you could still watch TV, BluRays or go on the net with it though.

I'm sure I read somewhere that with the family sharing it can only be played once at any time. So me and my son couldn't play the same game at the same time but he could play one of my other games.

Also aren't they restricts to the same IP address?

Back