• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Sorry man I'm a little off the ball today. So 7/10 fair enough, I think we should do simple reviews for games and that way we know whats crap and whats not. Plus Langers review is better than what most of Ign put together

Just got Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 for £10 from Amazon.

Will do nicely as a present from the kids for Christmas!!

I might have to try lego boy wizard 2 tonight. Micro has had it for ages, but he only seems interested in lego dc superheroes at the moment.

The Trailer is pretty epic and it shows how different each of the 3 characters you can be are.

Just played several matches of TDM on Black Ops 2 - it actually plays a lot better when you get a bit more used to it. It's not very well weighted to the very low ranks - you do need to upgrade your weapons in order to fully appreciate it. There are some very cool perks for the weapons, and now I've used a few and 'beefed them up' you can certainly tell the difference.

Getting a bit fucked off with sniping in general though - several times I aimed carefully and only got a hit mark at someone's head, only to be quick scoped in return and killed in one shot. VERY annoying and no doubt that it'll encourage people to quick scope themselves. As an experiment, I wanted to see how easy it is to quick scope. It's a LOT simpler than actually aiming and unless they put a stop to this, it WILL just end up with loads of people all quick scoping constantly. Even on smaller maps.

I'm a bit mixed about BO2 as well, haven't really experienced the sniping like you but I agree completely with the single player. I haven't got a clue what's going on at all, it reminds me of Sniper:Ghost Warrior's campaign, that was a bit clueless except with this it's switching between eras with no real structure so it's very confusing. It seems that they expect you to memorise everything from the previous Black Ops in order to understand what's going on here, I feel sorry for those who haven't played it as it must be a lot worse for them.

After watching a few vids of the multiplayer today I'm leaning towards not getting it. It looks too much like MW3 still and the points streaks seem quite difficult to get to the higher ones.

Been an absolute fan-boy (and i mean only playing one game the whole year) of MW2, Black Ops, MW3

....Finally gave in though and bought Fifa 13 this year, can say I am not missing it

I'm a bit mixed about BO2 as well, haven't really experienced the sniping like you but I agree completely with the single player. I haven't got a clue what's going on at all, it reminds me of Sniper:Ghost Warrior's campaign, that was a bit clueless except with this it's switching between eras with no real structure so it's very confusing. It seems that they expect you to memorise everything from the previous Black Ops in order to understand what's going on here, I feel sorry for those who haven't played it as it must be a lot worse for them.

True - fortunately, the single player mode is a mere distraction for me so I'm not too fussed that it's a bit wanky.

After watching a few vids of the multiplayer today I'm leaning towards not getting it. It looks too much like MW3 still and the points streaks seem quite difficult to get to the higher ones.

That's not actually a bad thing - the skies aren't chock-a-block with air support like in previous games. The more I play it, the more it's closer to Black Ops 1 than MW3. Just with more faults than Black Ops 1, sadly.

....Finally gave in though and bought Fifa 13 this year, can say I am not missing it

I've hardly touched it too, only been on to play pro clubs with my friends. And when I get FM13 that will replace my desire to play career mode so Fifa is starting to slip for me!

Good news: much, much better last night. More Black Ops fun than MW3 spazzfest frustration. Nowhere near as many snipers on certain game modes which is a relief.

Better news:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352969538.058976.jpg

:clap: :clap:

Not mine, by the way.

Had another decent blast on Black Ops 2 last night - it is DEFINITELY better the more you play it and the maps become more familiar.

I had a few issues where I was shooting first but losing out which is apparently quite common, but that's more likely to be a server issue rather than a genuine fault with the game. Oh, and the graphics for the airstrike killstreak look like a megadrive game.

But anyway - last night was the most enjoyable game of multiplayer CoD I've had in absolutely ages.

I'm tempted to get it even though I'm absolutely bloody awful at it and don't really understand the massive hype it generates. I only have FIFA as a release at the moment as I'm bored stiff of F1. I could crack Skyrim out again but u don't think I'd see uni again for a while.

Anybody got Dishonoured? Really tempted as it is Bethesda and they don't release bad games.

Anybody got Dishonoured? Really tempted as it is Bethesda and they don't release bad games.

I've bought but not started yet. May give it a go wk after next when back from hols. If you get it maybe ur lad can give me a few pointers ;)

Back