• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

What a jip!

Oh, and what's quickscoping?

A rather annoying method of using a sniper rifle in most CoD games.

You aim down the sight really quickly and shoot a fraction of a second later - because the guns automatically fix on the target, it normally means instant death. So you see some people using sniper rifles in code quarters combat which is just stupid. (Hope that makes sense!)

I don't play COD or many FPS's (Far Cry being the exception) but I don't understand why the guns automatically fix on the target.
Don't you have to aim at something? Surely that is the skill of the game?
It makes no sense to me (although that can easily happen!).

Far Cry is totally awesome franchise. Underrated in my opinion and the map creator in Far Cry 2 was awesome

I don't play COD or many FPS's (Far Cry being the exception) but I don't understand why the guns automatically fix on the target.
Don't you have to aim at something? Surely that is the skill of the game?
It makes no sense to me (although that can easily happen!).
You do have to aim. But when you get close enough there's a slight pull towards the target. Only slight but helps enormously when Dickscoping.

You do have to aim. But when you get close enough there's a slight pull towards the target. Only slight but helps enormously when Dickscoping.

It's far more noticeable and helpful in the campaign mode.

Dilemma - hitman or ac3?

Depends on what you want, both very good games (had both) but it depends what you want, do you want a game where it's all stealth, gotta figure out ways of doing certain things in a certain way or failing, or do you want a pretty open world game, where you can do quite a lot, collect things, meet people, skin animals, amongst other things.

Fwiw, if you can't do stealthy, i.e. sneaking past, waiting for the right moment to eliminate people, following at a distance, you know, that kinda stuff, Hitman probably isn't for you.

Last edited:
I went for Hitman and just played the first two levels. Really enjoyable actually.

You dont have to be steathly to play Hitman, you can usually just storm in there all guns blazing if you prefer.

You dont have to be steathly to play Hitman, you can usually just storm in there all guns blazing if you prefer.

I find you do, every other way then you end up losing points, so if you wanna do it whilst gaining points, you have to, because it just comes up with none target casualty bollocks and you end up in the minus.

I find you do, every other way then you end up losing points, so if you wanna do it whilst gaining points, you have to, because it just comes up with none target casualty bollocks and you end up in the minus.

You dont fail the level or anything though, you just dont get the high points scores, Hitman games have always been open to that gung-ho approach as well as the more thoughtful, sneaky way of playing.

I've only done the first few levels so far and i've been trying a more considered approach than i used to with previous games, really had to fight the urge to go nuts when i found a shotgun on a level yesterday, just wanted to run around blowing people's heads off.

You dont fail the level or anything though, you just dont get the high points scores, Hitman games have always been open to that gung-ho approach as well as the more thoughtful, sneaky way of playing.

I've only done the first few levels so far and i've been trying a more considered approach than i used to with previous games, really had to fight the urge to go nuts when i found a shotgun on a level yesterday, just wanted to run around blowing people's heads off.

Oh yeah I know that, I just don't like completing levels with a shit score, but I usually do anyway because I can't sneak for the life of me. Can't say about previous Hitman games as I've never played any before.

I remember that shotgun, it's the police one isn't it, think I picked it up, shot a few people with it and then restarted, then tried to sneak and had to shoot my way out anyway.

Back