• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Fair play. I'm picking mine up Friday, going to boot it up and do the updates an then I've got to pack it away as it is my Xmas prezzie off the missus and kids.

I am really excited to play it. It's mainly not for myself though. It's one of those things like Wii where yiou can have a few beers with mates or family or both and play a few silly games. I got the basic with Nintendoland and black ops 2.

Have you heard of sarcasm?

yes that's why I called you Ian.

To be fair I tell everyone. "no no it's not for me... It's going in the living room below the tv" and it will turn out with It's in my bedroom and I'm playing it most the time.

I see...... :icon_lol:

Poor excuse.... I'm back on form it appears.

Anyway I'll put a Langers-esque type review up at some point this week.

Last edited:
James - you are to TWF what Rabies was to Maid Marian's Merry Men.

Keep the arrows coming. I am not going to stop posting on here.

Shopto.net are awesome. I have just ordered another Wii U but for my little brother for Christmas and it will be delivered by 5pm via DPD.

Yes, ShopTo are great. Guaranteed top service from them.

Shopto.net are awesome. I have just ordered another Wii U but for my little brother for Christmas and it will be delivered by 5pm via DPD.

Agreed, only used ShopTo twice, first time they delivered Hitman on the Saturday before it came out, and today my Far Cry 3 has arrived, top service from them!

Amazon Prime can kiss my arse when it comes to pre-orders. I am going with Shop to every time now. Great price and excellent service.

Went and bought my Wii U today. £425 all together for Zombi U bundle and Sonic racing and New Super Mario Bros U with docking charge station and screen protectors. Gutted that Nintendoland wasn't bundled with the Zombi U bundle when it apparently was when I pre-ordered. Got to phone Game head office tomorrow to try and sort it out.

Wii U review time.

Good:
The gamepad is excellent and adds an extra dimension to the way you play.
Mario in HD is freaking beautiful.
Miiverse is actually quite awesome.
All old Wii controllers work on the system.
The Premium pack is worth every penny.

Bad:
Loading times
Huge update out of the box.
Black system gathers dust and finger prints. (buy a protector)
Basic doesn't have enough memory (buy an external hard drive)

Final Comments:
System is great to play with and fun for everyone, Nintendo has once again made a great console for all the family.

8/10

Went and bought my Wii U today. £425 all together for Zombi U bundle and Sonic racing and New Super Mario Bros U with docking charge station and screen protectors. Gutted that Nintendoland wasn't bundled with the Zombi U bundle when it apparently was when I pre-ordered. Got to phone Game head office tomorrow to try and sort it out.

Docking station is bundled in with the ZombiU pack

Docking station is bundled in with the ZombiU pack

This is game's own docking station which charges pad, pro controller, and old wiimotes at the same time.

Back