• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Just checked Amazon and they'll refund the delivery charge if its not here today.

Fair enough I suppose.

Takes up to 5 working days but I suppose it's least they could have done.

Had organised a multiplayer gaming night with others who are getting it today which is why I wanted it on the day so it's a bit of a pain in that respect.

I'm glad you wern't let down. I expect a full review from yourself.

Lets hope the same will happen with Gta 5 next year and the Wii U this year.

I don't get the absolute free for all that occurs on a COD release day. It's a decent enough game, but surely you get tired of playing it all the time?

I don't get the absolute free for all that occurs on a COD release day. It's a decent enough game, but surely you get tired of playing it all the time?

The first few days/weeks are when my lot all log on resulting in some awesome matches.

Just had a ground war with 12 players on our side all mic-ed up!

It helps to learn the maps too.

Oh - and I was quick scoped in my first game! :icon_lol:

The best kill streak I used was a turret gun. It stays for ages and you can control it or use it automatically and keep dipping in between the two. I put mine in a spawn and left it to do the damage.

Domination is great fun, I've found a gun that suits me perfectly but I can't remember the name. It's a burst fire assault rifle, just went 49-5 with it which rocks. I'm happy they've toned down knifing a bit, that was one of my biggest hates.

Okay, a few first impressions:

Campaign: Erm... What the fuck? The most ridiculous plot, needlessly over complicated with a shift between past and future that really doesn't work. Apart from being able to slightly customise your load out before levels, it's the same old wooden characters and linear levels. A bit shit TBH so rather than trying to complete it, I gave up after a few levels. I'll eventually go back and finish it but its a very silly game indeed.

Multiplayer: hasn't 'gripped' me as quickly as previous titles as there are a few things that I don't like so much.

The good: I love the majority of the maps - a nice mixture of small and large levels. Still getting to know their layout but they seem pretty good to me. Killstreaks (or score streaks as they're now known) don't seem to dominate and hence ruin matches like they did in MW3. They're much better in team games and its nice to be rewarded for capturing bases rather than just killing. And the 'Ghost' perk won't work if you camp - result there.

The bad: easily the worst thing about the game is - predictably - the quick scopers. Not only is it enabled but its easier to do than ever - the fact that so many people do it IN THE FIRST DAY does not bode well. I tried to do it to see how easy it is - and its exceptionally easy to do. Utterly ridiculous and it could potentially ruin the whole game for me unless they get rid (or at the VERY least reduce) them. But they've obviously made a conscious decision to include it so it won't be fixed IMO. Just so annoying. Otherwise, I'm not sold on the overly complicated menus/challenges. Black Ops 1 nailed this but it's a big step backwards that won't be quite so annoying once I'm used to it. Shotguns also seem to have a ridiculously long range again.

There really aren't as many 'fixes' to the game as I had hoped, it's definitely more of the same. That's not a disaster as the good parts are very good but it's a bit of a blow to see a couple of absolute pet hates included in the final game.

Still - it's only been one evening and there is so much more to discover/unlock and once we learn the maps and what loadouts suit us, it'll feel much better.

I wouldn't give it any more than 7/10 on first impressions though. I don't think it's as good as Black Ops 1.

Okay, a few first impressions:

Campaign: Erm... What the fuck? The most ridiculous plot, needlessly over complicated with a shift between past and future that really doesn't work. Apart from being able to slightly customise your load out before levels, it's the same old wooden characters and linear levels. A bit shit TBH so rather than trying to complete it, I gave up after a few levels. I'll eventually go back and finish it but its a very silly game indeed.

Multiplayer: hasn't 'gripped' me as quickly as previous titles as there are a few things that I don't like so much.

The good: I love the majority of the maps - a nice mixture of small and large levels. Still getting to know their layout but they seem pretty good to me. Killstreaks (or score streaks as they're now known) don't seem to dominate and hence ruin matches like they did in MW3. They're much better in team games and its nice to be rewarded for capturing bases rather than just killing. And the 'Ghost' perk won't work if you camp - result there.

The bad: easily the worst thing about the game is - predictably - the quick scopers. Not only is it enabled but its easier to do than ever - the fact that so many people do it IN THE FIRST DAY does not bode well. I tried to do it to see how easy it is - and its exceptionally easy to do. Utterly ridiculous and it could potentially ruin the whole game for me unless they get rid (or at the VERY least reduce) them. But they've obviously made a conscious decision to include it so it won't be fixed IMO. Just so annoying. Otherwise, I'm not sold on the overly complicated menus/challenges. Black Ops 1 nailed this but it's a big step backwards that won't be quite so annoying once I'm used to it. Shotguns also seem to have a ridiculously long range again.

There really aren't as many 'fixes' to the game as I had hoped, it's definitely more of the same. That's not a disaster as the good parts are very good but it's a bit of a blow to see a couple of absolute pet hates included in the final game.

Still - it's only been one evening and there is so much more to discover/unlock and once we learn the maps and what loadouts suit us, it'll feel much better.

I wouldn't give it any more than 7/10 on first impressions though. I don't think it's as good as Black Ops 1.

Mmm, that's a little discouraging because some of those gripes were what put me off MW3. I got Black Ops II yesterday but I only went on for about 20 minutes last night. I enjoyed what bit of it I played (multiplayer), but if the problems you're mentioning are really irksome then I might regret spending that money! I'll give it another go at some point today and maybe even have a bit of a blast on the single player. Only bonus is that my girlfriend saw it and wants to have a go at the co-op play!

I do think its better than MW3, but it's not as close to Black Ops as I hoped it would be. It's probably somewhere between Black Ops and MW3.

But like I said, that's after only a few hours and a lot of those were on Ground War due to the size of our party.

No doubt I'll be on again tonight when I hope to learn the maps a bit better.

Oh and the campers last night - bloody hell!! :icon_lol: That doesn't concern me too much though because its new and people haven't learned the maps yet. I tend to run around like Mo Camara trying to work out the layout but some people camp to a quite horrendous degree to start with!!

Great review Langers. Simple to the point has the good and the bad with no extra bullshit. What score would you give it out of 10?

Well I haven't played it since I first posted this morning so I'm sticking with the 7/10 I said a few hours ago.....

Back