• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had him as top scorer so I can't complain.

Way overrated for me

Just a real odd signing by Real, the kind they make quite often. Why are you buying a #10 when you don't play a #10?

They make hyped signings every year just because they have started with it..people expect it every year

Thiago gets on OK though, he's smaller and weaker surely. Don't Bayern just stick anyone in midfield?

Just a real odd signing by Real, the kind they make quite often. Why are you buying a #10 when you don't play a #10?

They were playing with a #10 when they signed him, and he was very good in his first season. He's been left out after Casemiro came into the fray and they've been frankly ridiculous since.

He's a brilliant player.

Thiago gets on OK though, he's smaller and weaker surely. Don't Bayern just stick anyone in midfield?

He'll do well for Bayern. They play 4-2-3-1 a lot. I was questioning why Real bought him.

Not sure they did use a #10 very often before he joined. Still the front three that they have now. Di Maria, Modric and Alonso in midfield with Khedira and Illarramendi as back up. Won the Champions League with that.

Isco has reinvented himself a bit, James couldn't do that.

I meant Real just to be clear

I didn't think they played 4231 tbh. I've seen a sort of flat 451 listed quite a few times, maybe that is actually it

Edit- 4231 not 4321 dammit.

They were 4-2-3-1 during the Ozil years. They then shifted to that odd 4-3-3 with Di Maria playing like an absolute freak in some all encompassing central and left sided channel wizardry.

They did shift back to 4-2-3-1 to accomodate James, and whilst he was brilliant individually, the balance of the team wasn't as good with Kroos/Modric too deep and neither offering the protection afforded by Xabi the year before.

Safe to say the switch back to 4-3-3 has been rather successful! If you're looking for a pure #10 at the moment though, there aren't many better options.

I still weep for the Di Maria of those days. He was nearly encroaching on Messi and Ronaldo's pedestal before van Gaal broke him.

If Jack Cork is a 10 million pound player we have a fucking bargain in neves and Costa and should get 5 mil for Doherty. Laughable

Why on Earth is Koeman signing Cuco Martina again?! One of the worst players I've seen at that level.

Vietto to Southampton could be good business.

Loftus-Cheek to Palace on loan Chalobah to Swansea or Watford for £5m. Delighted they are going to get chance to play and hopefully develop.

Sounds as if Bonucci could potentially be on his way to AC.

Awww what, why! Is he a life-long fan or something?

BBC reporting Man City have agreed to pay £50 million for Kyle Walker. £50 million for a right back, madness!

They deffo need to work on fullbacks. And Kyle is one of the best. But yeah - 50m! Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back