• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the bun fight has started. United may be doing this to prise Morata out of Madrid and Lukaku's agents may well be doing it to up his price.

I think he'll end up at Chelsea. Shame for Michy as I think he'd be a decent player given a full run up front and if I were Everton I'd be asking for him in return.

Jim White reckons it's not true. So I think you may be right...

Great business from mou if he gets morata and lukaku in..serious title contenders

I really don't think Lukaku is suited to them, or vice versa.

I think the best system for Lukaku is overlapping wingers with genuine pace. Actual wingers. Not Mata, Rooney, Martial and Rashgod. He hasn't really improved his all-round game and I just don't think Utd is the best fit.

Barca are genuinely after Paulinho.

I think the best system for Lukaku is overlapping wingers with genuine pace. Actual wingers. Not Mata, Rooney, Martial and Rashgod. He hasn't really improved his all-round game and I just don't think Utd is the best fit.

He's coped alright at Everton without genuine wingers. I agree with you on Malta and Co but Chelsea don't play with wingers and I think Lukaku is better off the shoulder rather than hold up play.

£75 million for Lukaku, wow!! He's got certain attributes which are obvious when you look at him but i don't think he's good enough for a side that want to challenge despite his goals last year in particular. I know plenty disagree but his hold up play is woeful at times and i think he's a bit of a flat track bully, great against poorer defenders who get too tight and he can out-muscle but struggles in games where he can't do this.

I hope he does well wherever he goes though as you can see he does work at his game but i'm not sure he can take everything on board. It will be interesting to see what he does in a better side where sides may sit deeper than they do against Everton and whether he can alter his game.

Yeah, his touch and hold up play definitely needs work - especially considering what Jose requires from his striker (singular).

It's a bit of a perfect storm with United I suppose; they wanted Griezmann but he's going nowhere because of Atleti's transfer ban, they probably could have carried on as they were for a year in that department with Rashford backing up Zlatan, but injury has wrecked that. Ronaldo is having a sulk but realistically he isn't going to leave and Bayern will be in no mood to let Lewandowski go - they overtook United in the European pecking order some time ago.

Everton signing Josh Bowler from QPR for over £4m. One senior appearance to his name. Everton are building a nice group of talented young Brits.

I do wonder what somebody like Ronan is worth in this market.

Everton signing Josh Bowler from QPR for over £4m. One senior appearance to his name. Everton are building a nice group of talented young Brits.

I do wonder what somebody like Ronan is worth in this market.

Norwich City midfielder Jonny Howson signing for Middlesbrough today. Fee 5 million.

I'd have been all over that at that price. We need another CM even with Neves coming in.

Won't get much better in this league. Good player.

Sounds like Chadli won't be at WBA for long. Bust up with Pulis and has been left at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back