• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was quite funny!

Clearly they've let the work experience look after social media for a day.

I can't see Terry featuring in the majority of games though - it's a long season, I can't help thinking they've signed him for the name rather than the ability. A typical Tony Xia signing really.

Some bookies have made Villa favourites to win the league on the back of this signing which makes no sense to me whatsoever.

What's his salary? There was talk of £100k per week at blues

He looked gone to me last season. Fine, that was the PL (on the rare occasions he played...though he did also get sent off against Gillingham in the cup) but it's not like the Championship is bereft of quick forwards.

Also Villa weren't all that bad at the back, their issues are that they have the slowest squad ever, not much creativity and Bruce has bought a load of players without having a clue how or where to use them. This changes none of that, just drains their budget for no real reason.

I think £5m with zero residual value is a risk which will backfire. Clearly there is the influence piece, but he hasn't played regularly for a year and there's no way he'll be doing two games a week. Any team with any sense will put balls into channels, move him around and show him up for being the immobile 36 year old he now is. If people hoof it at him - like we will do if Ikeme and Batth are still in the side then he'll eat that sort of fodder up.

That's a lot of wonga, I've heard neves is meant to be £50k. I know which I'd prefer

He's been unveiled wearing the full villa kit,while holding a shirt up

It's not a bad kit actually. I'm a big fan of the Under Armour kits.

That announcement is horrendous. If wolves do that for neves I will wear a paper bag a la shia leboef with I am not associated with this shit written on it.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if JT manages to play less games than the Villa fans expect him to - Championship schedule can be punishing at times & as said there a a fair number of quick forwards around at this level which will test him.

Good for PR - not so sure on the football reasons & will cost a fair bit

Michael Keane to Everton completed. Good signing, Jagielka is more or less done and Williams isn't far behind.

Get it all back when Lukaku is sold

Do they need to though, they had new wealthier owners recently right? Perhaps this is a sell to Lukaku to stick it for one more season for a semi-title challenge?

Lukaku wants to go, Everton won't get anywhere near the top four let alone the title.

True. In which case, I still think you'll continue to see them spending vast money as I'm sure I saw they had wealthier owners now...I doubt they are planning to break even this summer.

True. In which case, I still think you'll continue to see them spending vast money as I'm sure I saw they had wealthier owners now...I doubt they are planning to break even this summer.

Put some money on Everton for a cup while the odds are decent methinks. Worth a tenner. They are clearly in spend mode and are not a one trick pony. Even without lukaku they are tidy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back