• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Organised my first staff Christmas party last night and it went off without a hitch :)

Was a bag of nerves all week as I was responsible for the food, the drinks vouchers, the registration at the door, the entertainment (we had a comedian, raffle, music gameshow, lip sync battle, magician etc) the comms plan, the invoicing/budgeting and the DJ.
Was expecting something to go wrong but so far, feedback has only been positive and we had 1600 attendees so that is pretty amazing
#chuffed

So this week we had our Presentation Night where we celebrate the achievements of the Cadets, do the enrollments and promotions and invite parents along too.
The OC had just started her presentation when she said there was an extra, surprise presentation... it was a Certificate of Meritorious Service from the Commandant Air Cadets, for me! Absolutely blown away.
presentation.jpg

So this week we had our Presentation Night where we celebrate the achievements of the Cadets, do the enrollments and promotions and invite parents along too.
The OC had just started her presentation when she said there was an extra, surprise presentation... it was a Certificate of Meritorious Service from the Commandant Air Cadets, for me! Absolutely blown away.
View attachment 6464
Well done!

Having a wife who got tickets for The Cure in Birmingham last night for a birthday present. Brilliant.
Me and Mrs Mel Evo have got something to tell you mate.........................

following on from my tech thread postings, finding that my mp3 player has mysteriously, but thankfully come back to life!

Made the Northern Echo again but it was bloody cold on the picket line!

Darlington branch.jpg

I'm finally getting to go to Japan next month.

19 years ago I had a job offer to live & work in Osaka, 3 months before I was planning to go I met my wife - cancelled it all and ended up staying in Zambia for another 3 years. Never managed to get there and its a country which has always fascinated me :)

19 years ago I had a job offer to live & work in Osaka, 3 months before I was planning to go I met my wife - cancelled it all and ended up staying in Zambia for another 3 years. Never managed to get there and its a country which has always fascinated me :)
Are you holidaying or working?
How long are you going for?
Sounds like an interesting summary of the last 19 years.... Must have stories to tell!

Having worked in Jakarta and holidayed in Bali and travelled around the place, some of the customs out in the country and small towns are fascinating and captivating, I've often thought that about rural China and Japan too.
Are you heading for a City or are you going down country?

Are you holidaying or working?
How long are you going for?
Sounds like an interesting summary of the last 19 years.... Must have stories to tell!
Working as always, scoping out the plan but will be in Osaka & Tokyo and possible a couple of other places too,

Japan has been on my bucket list for years, still regularly watch Abroad in Japan on Youtube, the whole culture appeals to me immensely, so jealous :sneaky:

Back