• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Langers it is awesome. Truly, she'll love it. Take ££££, as she'll want to fly a broomstick and have her picture taken!
The whole set up is really good in how they take advantage of the ability to make you go "WOW!" Lots of stuff is hidden around corners and the like, so you amble along, then turn a corner and you're just hit by this view. Everything I listed made me go wow. The Gringotts bit is absolutely amazing, so realistic! Seeing the sword of gryffindor, and the actual sorting hat. Standing in Dumbeldores office, walking through the hidden forest, meeting Aragog!

Book in advance, and go early in the day. They say it takes 3.5 hours. You need to arrive before noon to ensure you don't have to rush.

Treat yourself to a butterbeer. It's worth it.

One girl was on the train I was on from Euston to watford junction. There's a shuttle bus from the station to the site, and it is all decorated. We'd got onto the bus, and saw the girl come out of the station and the sheer excitement on her face just from seeing the us that takes you to the tour was amazing!

Honestly, it is expensive, but actually I'd say you get good value for money for it. A proper experience.

The play is amazing, and so well done. It's worth the money, honestly. Not sure it is a play kids would enjoy, but I found it superb.

I liked Harry Potter before I'd even heard of Game of Thrones.

Dragons are cool though.

There's a huge dragon in the entrance hall, and there's a whole section on making creatures etc.

One of the most impressive aspects of the tour was realising how much stuff they made. Not that much in the films is CGI, which is more impressive imo.

I'm more a fanboy of the books than the films personally. I absolutely loved the books when they came out.

There's a huge dragon in the entrance hall, and there's a whole section on making creatures etc.

One of the most impressive aspects of the tour was realising how much stuff they made. Not that much in the films is CGI, which is more impressive imo.

I'm more a fanboy of the books than the films personally. I absolutely loved the books when they came out.

Both for me - I've always been interested in how certain books are adapted for the screen and the Potter books are a great example. Some really overly long books (AKA the Order of the Phoenix) made for a better film than a shorter but better book that had to be condensed into a film (e.g. the Half Blood Prince).

And the lore behind the whole thing is great. Introducing my 8 year old to it has been awesome, she's now a massive fan and it's a really nice thing to be able to enjoy together.

The only thing I disagree with LJ about is the butterbeer. Absolutely disgusting stuff!

Walking through the sets is brilliant, and some of the things you would have never noticed. Bare feet boots used by the actress who played Luna because the gravel was hurting her feet. Crafted from latex. All the white card models - there are cases of them and the detail is amazing. Nothing prepares you for the Hogwarts model though. It is just enormous

One for DW as I’ve seen him mention them a few times.
e374233d0801cffc3c98b78fe2ec30ce.jpg

I spotted some geezer carrying one at Wolves station about 3-4 years ago. Didn't even bother to be a bit sneaky about taking a photo, it had to be done.

My Umbro bag from 1998 finally got retired a few months ago :(

I'd say at least 70% of our year had that bag. 95/96ish.

Yeah, I certainly had one or two.

I was even super funny and drew a line under the dot, so it read dickhead.

Even I had one like that - and you all know what a stylish mofo I am.

Didn't realise they did a bum bag version.

(Now there's some niche historical TWF bantz)

Another lovely sunny day.

To those going to the End of Season Dinnner, have a great evening. I shall even be wearing knickers to this one and being on me best behaviour.

I'm in Miami for work and just gone for a walk around the Bayfront. Quite like my job at times.

Back