• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

And yet they were good looking all over? Some people have all the luck.

A great Bank Holiday Weekend

Saturday - Match Day with added time in the Curry House (extra time as the service was slower than a Roger Johnson & Kasper Gorkšs partnership)
Sunday - Woke up feeling rough but still managed to rip up my kitchen floor tiles and use them to fill in the pond hole and then install the new water feature
Monday - Woke up feeling like someone had removed my muscles but still got out and finished the job of painting my fence, clearing out the shed and jet washing the patio and lawn area.

I am utterly destroyed now but a pack of Camden Week Nite and Monday Night football, willing on Man City, to end the weekend. Glorious.

End of Season Dinner ticket in me hand :)

Just done a little bit of excited wee :)

Had a corporate audit this week at work and it was our turn today. Just had a message from the Quality Manager tonight saying my department had zero findings (first time ever for our site, their are always at least a couple of minors, much worse in some departments) and my talk on our pilot process confirmation management was singled out at the close out and was labelled as best practice on site. Out of 1300 fucking people. Buzzing.

Had a corporate audit this week at work and it was our turn today. Just had a message from the Quality Manager tonight saying my department had zero findings (first time ever for our site, their are always at least a couple of minors, much worse in some departments) and my talk on our pilot process confirmation management was singled out at the close out and was labelled as best practice on site. Out of 1300 fucking people. Buzzing.

Good work Booz

You deserve a beer for that. Treat yo self

Happy? Apprehensive?

In the next 40 minutes I'll be setting of to RAF Cranwell. As a few know I've been a volunteer with the Air Cadets for a few years now and I have been put forward for and gone through the Officer selection process which means that I have to do an Officer Aircrew Selection for the next three days. It used to be known as RAF V-RT (Volunteer reserve trainer) and is now just RAF Air Cadets Officer Selection.

Now comes a few days of speed/time/distance exercises, group debating, problem solving, leadership exercises and an interview to finish things off.

I've done all the revision I can and now it's up to the brain to remember shit!

Will try to pop on the forum every now and then but may not be on till this is all over

I received a phone call this afternoon from the C & E Yorkshire Wing Commander to tell me that I was successful during the RAF Cranwell selection process and I am now considered as "acting Pilot Officer Mike Donnelly".

Back to Cranwell when dates are sorted to do the week long Officer course and my Commission will be fully ratified. Pretty pleased with myself if I'm perfectly honest!

Played Sir, played

Do we have to salute you on Match Days now?

Hey, I am the polite one the group...and I always treat the older generation with respect

Nice bits of news for both Booz & Darlo!

Just back from London. Folks bought us tickets to the Harry Potter Cursed Child play as a wedding gift (I wanted to go last year, but couldn't justify how much they ask for tickets). We supplemented it with a trip to the studio tour.

Went down to London monday, and stayed in permier inns new "hub" thing down there. Essentially it is a bedroom and shower. the room is pretty tiny, but as all you do is sleep and shower there, no real biggie. Only real downside for me was no drinks facilities in the room (you have to go to their lounge to use the drinks machine there). However, the place is phenomenally clean, and it was about £30-40 a night cheaper than everything else, and was walking s=distance from the theatre, euston, etc.

Monday weather was pleasant, so took a walk to find the theatre, and wandered as far as trafalgar square and buck palace (never seen either before). watched the queue of fuckwits queuing up to photo the royal baby announcement. Them lions in trafalgar square are fucking huge!

did the warner brothers studio tour on the tuesday. Spent the entire day there. Left after 7.5 hours. The new gringotts feature is absolutely amazing. Loads of proper wow experiences on the tour, seeing the train, diagon alley, the model of hogwarts, the great hall, the knight bus. Great stuff.

Did both parts of the play on the wednesday. Just simply, wow! Phenomenal experience. Lots of magic tricks used as part of the theatre, and it's a superb experience. There are a few tricks they did that heighten the experience that I genuinely have no idea how they did it. It's a bit pricey as a thing to do, but it really, really, really was amazing!

LJ - that sounds ace! I really want to do the studio tour. My daughter now loves Harry Potter, and my GF and her daughter are Harry Potter mega fans so hopefully we can go in the summer holidays.

Back