• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

This is an odd one as it could go in the annoy and even the sad thread.

Did our standard trip with the inlaws and the dogs today - Lunch at the Hand and Trumpet in Wrinehill followed by a trip to the Garden centre....well that was the plan until we went beyond J15 of the M6 at just after 12 today. The speed went down to 40 and signs saying accident ahead then after crawling for a bit, stopped and did not move anywhere. Infact from 12.40 until just after 2 I spent my time walking my dogs on the motorway!! Now the situation is annoying and one that can easily get people wound up and angry. Clearly something serious had happened before J16 and I think folk were aware that an incovenience for them probably means someone had lost their life (no idea if that happened, but I do know a biker hit the central reservation and 3 cars were involved as well, when we finally went got to the scene, just after 4pm they were packing away some screens, so the outcome was probably a fatality)

Everyone milling around on the M6 though, it turned into some odd little community feeling. Kids playing football, dogs being walked, strangers have chats, naturally a million photos and selfies being taken and 2 blokes got kitted up and went for a run!!. Nice little moment where people put their own shit to one side and just handled the situation perfectly.

Still got my food and the pub were ace as well as they sorted out some food for the Dogs as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-48409254

My girlfriend, her daughter and their dog are moving in with me and my 2 kids in September once their lease expires.

Absolutely delighted - my kids are really excited about it too - we've so many cool plans in the pipeline.

Going to be weird not being on my own for half the week!

My girlfriend, her daughter and their dog are moving in with me and my 2 kids in September once their lease expires.

Absolutely delighted - my kids are really excited about it too - we've so many cool plans in the pipeline.

Nice one mate!

You can lease your kids out? Where's the sign up?

:icon_lol:

That's cool, I think she could have done better but...hey ho
Seriously glad for you :)

My youngest son, just finishing his degree in Lincoln and today he passed his car test! Well done lad.

After 5 weeks at sea, not one damaged item, not even a glass :)

Now making our house into a home :)

After 5 weeks at sea, not one damaged item, not even a glass :)

Now making our house into a home :)

5 weeks where's it been ?? :)

There's nothing better than surrounding yourself with the familiar !

5 weeks where's it been ?? :)

There's nothing better than surrounding yourself with the familiar !

At different ports around the world dropping other containers off.

There's nothing better than getting into your own familiar bed again :)

After 6 hrs of bowling today (3 in the morning & 3 this afternoon) have won through to the Club Triples cup final.

Considering that we were behind for all of the Semi Final & just nicked it on the last end (the equivalent of a last minute winner in football) I am knackered, but happy

At a car boot in Biggleswade met the mum of a family of wolves season ticket holders today and bought 5 wolves pin badges off her stall! Pleasing!

Kevin Bacon and EE reminding Watford fans & Troy Deeney that they got destroyed in the FA Cup Final during the ad breaks.

I bloody love Denver. Could seriously see myself moving here.

Reading this article made me happy:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-48459940

I'm terrible in a lot of social situations, and tend to convince myself everyone thinks the worst of me, or they just humour me by being polite, whereas in reality they're desperate for me to leave them alone so they can have their fun. I constantly think no-one is interested in my opinion. So lots in the article resonated, such as:
Our commuters estimated that only about 40% of their fellow train passengers would be willing to talk to them. Yet every participant in our experiment who actually tried to talk to a stranger found the person sitting next to them was happy to chat.

Thinking others aren't interested in talking, or won't like you, are the very things that will keep you from making contact.

I'm terrible for sitting there quietly listening to everyone else chat. I also almost always have earphones in and listen to music when I'm walking about, or on public transport.

One reason may be that the experience of talking with others and hearing a stranger's voice makes us realise they have a rich inner life of thoughts, feelings, emotions, and experiences, just like us.

These brief connections with strangers are not likely to turn a life of misery into one of bliss. However, they can change unpleasant moments - like the grind of a daily commute - into something more pleasant.

The worst bit is that in my line of work, I've a paragraph I say almost daily, that is virtually reprinted in the article verbatim!
Humans are inherently social animals, who are made happier and healthier when connected to others. Feeling isolated and lonely, in contrast, is a stress factor that poses a health risk comparable to smoking and obesity.

Having positive social relationships has been put forward as a key ingredient for happiness, more significant even than how much we earn.

Loved this article. Hope to use it to behave in a less insular way.

Now, peeps from the royal london can join a queue to post "shut up lemon..." in response to this post, in their witty bantz style :)

When has anyone you drink with at the RL ever been polite? You even get shit for being a responsible drinker.

Booked a weekend trip away in July via company called Canine Cottages. It is essentially a little hut in a field in Abergavenny but we can take the dogs. Great little company that lists hundreds of places acorss the UK where you rent cottages etc and take the dogs as well, for those on here who holiday with their pets look them up

A week after booking I get an email from them offering me £50 of my first booking. Well as I had already booked that was a bit pointless and clearly their systems don't update well! So fired off an email to see if the discount could be added to the booking I have already made and paid for in full...... £50 refund heading my way. Bonus and a nice bit of customer service there.

Going to Cornwall to a luxury "dog friendly" hotel around mid July. Two of the ladies going do drink and love Oscar, so that's the in-holiday dog sitters sorted...I mean they'll come out with us but will hold onto Oscar when Daddy can no longer walk.

Back