• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Very happy to have picked up an original subbuteo wolves team circa 1982 at a car boot yesterday for a fiver!
IMG_0488.jpg

I have a selection of games and toys in my loft. Includes euro 96 subbuteo. Scalextric from the 80 s, action man from the 70s all sorts oif shit really. Just in case any grandchildren want to play! The best one is a boxed 1973 toy car that you add oil too and it smokes!

Used to spend pretty much all my pocket money in the toy shop in Victoria Street buying Subbuteo.

My passion was the airfix Oo scale soldiers. Waterloo and american civil war were the favourites. We had on he subbuteo stockist but they were so expensive. And my parents would not entertain a pitch that size.
As a reminder I have a re enactment full American civil war uniform including kepi and slouch hat, full size sword and regalia. Thinking of wearing it match days next winter!

I have a selection of games and toys in my loft. Includes euro 96 subbuteo. Scalextric from the 80 s, action man from the 70s all sorts oif shit really. Just in case any grandchildren want to play! The best one is a boxed 1973 toy car that you add oil too and it smokes!

Not sure where my subbuteo is, however my Astro Wars console is still dear to me, even though the adaptor doesn't seem to work for it, which is a shame.
Desperate to source an adaptor/plug for it so I can play it.

Not sure where my subbuteo is, however my Astro Wars console is still dear to me, even though the adaptor doesn't seem to work for it, which is a shame.
Desperate to source an adaptor/plug for it so I can play it.

I thought they were dual power and batteries can be used? Send me a pic of the adapter socket and voltage and I will source you one! I scour car boots for adapters for spares so have a number lying around at any one time. It would be great if I had one that fitted.

I had Astro Wars too.

Plus the Airfix soldiers by the thousand in WWII stuff.

I had lead napoleonics. Still got loads of those and ancients in the garage.

Subbuteo I had Wolves, Stenhousemuir (well, Hearts), and Boavista. My brother had Bristol Rovers.

I had Astro Wars too.

Plus the Airfix soldiers by the thousand in WWII stuff.

I had lead napoleonics. Still got loads of those and ancients in the garage.

Subbuteo I had Wolves, Stenhousemuir (well, Hearts), and Boavista. My brother had Bristol Rovers.

I also had big league football where you painted your own footballers. Then super striker. My parents did not believe in pocket money so I had to work. At 12 I had 2 paper rounds. At 13 I worked 2 nights weekly in a petrol station on top of the paper rounds. It earnt me about 6 quid a week and meant I could buy a few toys treats and the obligatory 10 number 6 for my Saturday cruising the streets! Life was much simpler growing up late 70s. I do understand now why I am how I am.

Just bought tickets to David Baddiel's tour next year. Supposed to be a very good show, but been London only so far.

Yeah, spotted that earlier so bagged some tickets for Stafford - the in-laws live there so it's free babysitting as it's a weekend show!

Can't wait, even though it's 12 months away!

Yeah, spotted that earlier so bagged some tickets for Stafford - the in-laws live there so it's free babysitting as it's a weekend show!

Can't wait, even though it's 12 months away!

Yeah we got stafford too, decent pub next door in the rose and crown too.

Yeah we got stafford too, decent pub next door in the rose and crown too.

Did that little place next to the market square ever get up and running? The old gunmakers?

A nice new free office chair dropped off to me by my Dad. Probably my third in 2 years. I might have a problem.

Just been given a completely random unexpected pay rise :)

Back