• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Loving the way my garden is coming on.
Hacked down 4 giant leylandii then replaced them with a lovely 7 foot high fence about 18 feet long.
Just a fence, but a lot of hard work went into it and that makes me happy.

Then I moved all my herbs into the freshly dug corner.
Thyme, Lemon thyme, Oregano, Rosemary, Bay leaf and a bunch of sage.

Then I started converting my 8'x6' garden shed into a hen house, and built an 18 foot chicken run.
Bought 3 chickens around 3 months old a white Leghorn hybrid and a ginger RIR Hybrid and a lovely grey (blue) RIR hybrid.
They'll start laying around mid September.
They should yield around 300 eggs each per year.
Then I believe they'll stop for winter....
Then they'll stop to moult then grow new feathers...
Good job I've not got 'em to save on eggs!
Love watching Susie going out to sit and watch them.
Just love it.

3 piece suit, the joy.

Oh. I am beginning to sympathise a little. You can always do what me and hubby did at our wedding in 96 degree heat.... jump straight in the pool fully clothed once the formalities are all over :)

At aged 52 I am pleased to say, it is still possible to get extremely excited about an adventure :)

I'm off.

Behave yaselves and keep out the oss road.

:)

Just seen the preliminary weather forecast for next week. I'm off on Friday as I'm going for a nice break in the countryside staying in a nice B&B with a very tempting menu with plenty of ales on tap. Sunny weather with temperatures in the mid-20's sounds marvellous. A few sites have predicted rain but they can fuck off - I'm not trusting them.

A few sites have predicted rain but they can fuck off - I'm not trusting them.

Tell me about it -I looked up the weather for next weekend as well and it is forecast to be nice and sunny. The only issue is the half-inch of rain predicted for Saturday night ahead of my triathlon. Fucksticks.

Tell me about it -I looked up the weather for next weekend as well and it is forecast to be nice and sunny. The only issue is the half-inch of rain predicted for Saturday night ahead of my triathlon. Fucksticks.

But I'm assuming 26° heat also isn't ideal for a triathlon? How's the training coming along?

6th - 10th for me, Butlins Minehead with the grandchildren, keepin my fingers crossed and checking every 14 day forecast that's going every couple of hours.

I'm off to Bournemouth next week courtesy of the mother-in-law so I am pleased with next week's scorchio forecast. It may not be the most exciting destination but it's our first family seaside holiday so I'm looking forward to it.

However, the company I work for gets sold next week so I break up working for one company and return to work for a different company!

I'm off to Bournemouth next week courtesy of the mother-in-law so I am pleased with next week's scorchio forecast. It may not be the most exciting destination but it's our first family seaside holiday so I'm looking forward to it.

However, the company I work for gets sold next week so I break up working for one company and return to work for a different company!

I went to Bournemouth last year - I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's nice.

Bournemouth's lovely. If you get a chance, go along the coast a bit to Southbourne. Really nice long beach that never gets too crowded and is very child-friendly. Then after your day at the beach, pop down the road to Christchurch harbour and have fish and chips while watching the boats. That's pretty much our perfect summer day out. Mudeford is also lovely and a great place for crabbing.

Or if you're travelling to that neck of the woods, take a left on the M27 and go to West Wittering instead. Much, much nicer then Bournemouth (but not a town or city).

Back