• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

The Blue Ridge Mountains.

If there is such a thing as a beautiful Heaven, then I imagine this is what it would look like.

Sunrise's and sunset's.

Peace & quiet.

That fact that I haven't sworn in 3 days.

I may even come back a different woman!

The Blue Ridge Mountains.

If there is such a thing as a beautiful Heaven, then I imagine this is what it would look like.

Sunrise's and sunset's.

Peace & quiet.

That fact that I haven't sworn in 3 days.

I may even come back a different woman!

Three days without swearing. You will now be known as Saint Susan...

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=6717;sess=

I particularly like this bit:

Turning increasingly warm from Tuesday, hot or very hot on Wednesday and Thursday with temperatures reaching the low 30s across central, southern and eastern England, mid to high 20s elsewhere.

I'm working from home on Wednesday and Thursday (I hope my laptop lead stretches to the garden) before I'm off on Friday so if it lasts til the weekend at least, I'll be extremely happy.

#shortsonstandby

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=6717;sess=

I particularly like this bit:

I'm working from home on Wednesday and Thursday (I hope my laptop lead stretches to the garden) before I'm off on Friday so if it lasts til the weekend at least, I'll be extremely happy.

#shortsonstandby
I'm at home on Wednesday before heading to London on Thursday/Friday and its going to be scorchio whilst I'm there.

Whilst on this thread, I'm heading to NE Scotland Sunday ready for work next week! Happy's days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Who doesn't like being hot when they're trying to concentrate and work?

It's a shame there aren't as many furnaces around as there used to be, would have been an ideal career for some of you. I can understand why people like hot weather to relax in, it's not my bag but that's by the by. I don't see why you would want it to be hot when you're working, unless you were a suntan lotion tester who had a morbid fear of redundancy.

It's a shame there aren't as many furnaces around as there used to be, would have been an ideal career for some of you. I can understand why people like hot weather to relax in, it's not my bag but that's by the by. I don't see why you would want it to be hot when you're working, unless you were a suntan lotion tester who had a morbid fear of redundancy.

Sat in the garden with the laptop in a nice bit of heat? What's not to like? I won't have to go anywhere (except down the road to pick Mini Langers up from school and Lady Langers from nursery) but otherwise I get to enjoy the heat and avoid the general public. And if it really does get ridiculously hot, there's always some degree of shade in my garden. Better than being cooped up in the office.

I shall be making some ice cubes and will buy a nice jug to put some squash into in readiness.

I shall definitely be spending some time working on the garden next week then. Already got it looking pretty nice but a couple of days working hard out there and I can get it looking splendid. Might have to clean the barbeque off and get a new gas bottle in as well.

Bit of Vitamin D might be good for you Dan, apparently good for your mood too.

But I'm assuming 26° heat also isn't ideal for a triathlon? How's the training coming along?

It'll be a breakfast-time start so the temperature won't be that high and I'd prefer that over parts of the cycle leg which is pretty narrow and gravelly - one other part has a shocking road surface - and with a lot of rain could be an exercise in bike handling. Anyway, the training is going well, thank you, the swim timing is consistent and the run times are coming down (I can manage sub-7:20/mile if I push hard) but it's the bike segment which will be the true test as it's 33km against the standard 20km.

Or if you're travelling to that neck of the woods, take a left on the M27 and go to West Wittering instead. Much, much nicer then Bournemouth (but not a town or city).

Just down the road from me! - I go training on my bike round there. It is a nice place but with only one way in and one way out the traffic can be horrendous.

Completed the JCB mud run today. Good fun even if my body isnow battered.

Its nice to be away, but even nicer to come home.

bisto gravy!!!!! I found some in the back of the cupboard tonight, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Completed the JCB mud run today. Good fun even if my body isnow battered.

Nice one Johnny. I guess it's a similar thing to the Major Series which I did a few months ago. It's surprisingly good fun wading through mud!

A guy from work was trying to get a few of us together to do one of those mud run type events. He proposed that JCB one originally but me and at least one other were away. :(

Hopefully find another one we can have a go at some time as I think it'd be a good laugh.

Back