• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

As I knew Issy Mayake was a fashion designer and Coco Chanel a famous nazi sympathiser/ agent I knew they weren't made up.

I have no idea why you think they were.
You’re being a pendant* now, you know what I mean, they sound like invented names to make corporations a bit friendlier.
I knew Issy Miyake was real, I put the post on here saying he’d died.

* I know before you say owt.

Nice bit of Googling for the footballer, or was he a mate at school? Along with Issy Jones and Coco smith

I don't think I need to Google someone who played for Valencia, Barcelona and Dortmund inside the last decade, do I :D

He's pretty well known.

I didn't know Issy Miyake was a real person either when someone stuck it on here not long back Keef. Now assume they all are and that I'm maybe a bad omen

My 3 sprays are L'eau d'Issey by Issy Miyake, Ultraviolet by Paco Rabbane. Fc Uk might next...

Thought FCUK had already gone tbh, the T-shirts were everywhere then nothing

Surprised no one has mentioned Trugoy the dove, rapper from De La Soul aged 54, seemed his congenital heart defect finally caught up with him

Surprised no one has mentioned Trugoy the dove, rapper from De La Soul aged 54, seemed his congenital heart defect finally caught up with him
Aka Plug2

Real shame that De La Soul never got their streaming rights sorted in his lifetime

Going live this week I think aren't they? Always seemed odd.

it was related to sample clearance on their first 3 albums. their most recent work is available, and their early work goes live on 3 march. think i mentioned it on the music thread recently.

Apparently the rights to all the samples they used only covered physical media. They basically hit an impasse as no one had the resources to clear them all for digital streaming.

I really love that 90s New York native voices hip-hop sound. Tribe Called Quest's Low End Theory is never too far from a play for me.
I'm a big fan of Midnight marauders myself, but agree, that era of hip hop is lovely.
Did you watch chuck d's recent documentary on the beeb re hip hop?

Never minded hip hop, when it was fun and had a sense of humour, went off it 2hen it became all bling, bitches and hoes, but if you want to make music about female dogs and your favourite gardening tool, knock yourself out.

I'm a big fan of Midnight marauders myself, but agree, that era of hip hop is lovely.
Did you watch chuck d's recent documentary on the beeb re hip hop?
Not yet. It's on my list. Really enjoyed Hip-Hop Evolution on Netflix tho, which is worth a watch.

Never minded hip hop, when it was fun and had a sense of humour, went off it 2hen it became all bling, bitches and hoes, but if you want to make music about female dogs and your favourite gardening tool, knock yourself out.
Yeah, the blingy super producer, beat factory, west coast LA stuff, I can do without, tbf.

Last edited:
Back