• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

I remember we played Chelsea for Andy Thompson’s ( ?) testimonial .He ‘came on ‘as substitute and the fans were in awe of him as a World Cup Winner and a big roar went up as he was about to come on only to realise it was another player who had a similar build and lack of hair ,I think it was Frank Sinclair .

I remember we played Chelsea for Andy Thompson’s ( ?) testimonial .He ‘came on ‘as substitute and the fans were in awe of him as a World Cup Winner and a big roar went up as he was about to come on only to realise it was another player who had a similar build and lack of hair ,I think it was Frank Sinclair .
He didn't win a World Cup - was part of the 1990 squad alright .

only to realise it was another player who had a similar build and lack of hair ,I think it was Frank Sinclair .
Totally understandable, I always look at pictures of me and often thought, is that Kylie Minogue? (similar number of arms and legs)

Easy mistake to make, I remember jj okocha playing at Molineux and mistakenly thought it was Peter crouch

Easy mistake to make, I remember jj okocha playing at Molineux and mistakenly thought it was Peter crouch

I recall that site a few years back where you could enter an image of your face and it would tell you which World Cup footballer you most resembled.

I was some German guy, the missus was an Icelandic fella. For a laugh I entered the dog and she came up as Ashley Young 😳😳😳

And the creed and the colour and the name don't matter I was there

I remember when Paul Cook first came back to molineux (with Tranmere I think?). He was one of the subs, I think it was when you have 2 outfield players and a GK. Anyway, the other guy got subbed on to applause by the molineux faithful, followed by some awkward faces and "that ay Cookie" being said by a few.

Must have been a massive ego boost for Cookie...

Last king of Greece, Constantine 2nd aged 82

He was married to a 80s? page 3 girl from Worcester called Sandra

Back