• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

First one of 2023
Anita Pointer one of the Pointer sisters probably best known for the songs automatic and jump ( covered by girls aloud who did a better job of it) aged 74

What?
Play the two of them back to back, put your critical listening ears on, be honest and realise the cover is the better version.

Girls Aloud version is over produced, over engineered lift music, Pointer Sisters original is more exuberant, more natural and they're just naturally better singers imo.
Tbf Im a grumpy old dinosaur who doesn't think there has been any worthwhile chart music since the mid 80s.

Tom Karen aged 96.
Industrial and automotive designer responsible for, among many others,
Bond bug,
Reliant robin,
Reliant scimitar ( princess Anne had one of those you know),
Raleigh chopper,
Luke skywalkers land speeder.

Yea, I had to Google Fred white,
Unless it’s somebody really famous, I always put a line or two on who they are

Tom Karen aged 96.
Industrial and automotive designer responsible for, among many others,
Bond bug,
Reliant robin,
Reliant scimitar ( princess Anne had one of those you know),
Raleigh chopper,
Luke skywalkers land speeder.
That's some iconic 60s/70s designs there.

Alan Rankine 64, founder member, guitarist, keyboardist with The Associates

Another one gone.
Walter Cunningham 90, astronaut.
Not one of the famous ones, but probably without him we wouldn’t have had Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins.
Walter flew Apollo 7 the first crewed test flight of Apollo spacecraft on an 11 day mission around the world, and testing manoeuvres needed for the moon landing.

Been living in a real bubble last couple of weeks.Just became aware the passing of Terry Hall today.
Terrible,too young.
As a very young boy,hgot hooked on "Ghost Town" like almost anyone else.
Couple of yeras later..remmembering buying Fun Boy Threes album "Waiting" after catching a glimpse of their cover of "Summertime" on swedens national TV.
Terry Hall was a truly unique frontman,singer and songwriter.
I will continue to enjoy his tremendous works til the day I die.
I was a fan,I am a fan.
RIP Mr Hall.

David Gold. Joint-Chairman of West Ham has passed away after a short illness. Aged 86.

Fay Wheldon 91 author, best known for lives and loves of a she devil

Tragic news, he struggled with pancreatic cancer for years and recently gave up his role with Italy to focus on his illness

Will always remember the joy on his face during last year's Euros

RIP :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Back