• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2017/18

it's pretty clear that they are trying to use this to disguise the fact he should have been sacked already. But it doesn't make the FA look even better, no matter what they try and come up with

Exactly my fear. Spineless fuckers.

Am I the only one who thinks a woman should coach the women's team?

Leicester City Ladies manager is a male, and from what I have seen at the LCFC academy so are most teams. And also in most games the referee is a male. I am not advocating that, just saying how things are.

I think most people can probably have a good guess about what type of event the Safeguarding, but none illegal issue may be.

There's not many things it can't be, I'm not sure it's any of the FAs business what goes on between two consenting parties whom in the eyes of the law are able to make their own decisions

There's not many things it can't be, I'm not sure it's any of the FAs business what goes on between two consenting parties whom in the eyes of the law are able to make their own decisions
As the Welfare Officer of my local team I can assure you that there are numerous situations which may be legal that would be seen as very poor practice and result in a coach being asked to leave the club.

I think we are dealing with a lot of grey here. Two people at work have a relationship. Legal cases have shown it can be wrong to seoerate them as it discriminates. I just think the timing stinks. If they knew this and they probably did they have kept it in their back pocket to play when needed. Sucks a bit tbf allegedly

I think we are dealing with a lot of grey here. Two people at work have a relationship. Legal cases have shown it can be wrong to seoerate them as it discriminates. I just think the timing stinks. If they knew this and they probably did they have kept it in their back pocket to play when needed. Sucks a bit tbf allegedly
IF someone is Under 18 and I have no evidence to suggest and am not suggesting that is the case in this situation then in the eyes of the FA they are seen as a minor in the same way they would be if they were in teaching and although no law has been broken it is not deemed appropriate and would be treated as such.

IF someone is Under 18 and I have no evidence to suggest and am not suggesting that is the case in this situation then in the eyes of the FA they are seen as a minor as they would be in teaching and although no law has been broken it is not appropriate and would be treated as such

I think it would also depend on what's in contracts and what guidance is given around appropriateness from an FA point of view. But, and I'm in no way suggesting anything, we take age out of the equation it wouldn't be a great situation anyway simply from a squad dynamic point of view

I think it would also depend on what's in contracts and what guidance is given around appropriateness etc
Everyone that is in a coaching role with U18's is required to attend a 3 hour safeguarding course. Again I reiterate I don't know any facts in this case, but that course makes it very clear what is and isn't appropriate. For anybody older it would be judged on circumstances such as mental capacity, coercion etc.

Am I the only one who thinks a woman should coach the women's team?

I think kind of attitude damages the game. Women for women's teams and men for men's is an old fashioned attitude. There should be no barriers on either side.

I think kind of attitude damages the game. Women for women's teams and men for men's is an old fashioned attitude. There should be no barriers on either side.

Ahh well...goodbye women coaches...it was nice not knowing you at all.

Ahh well...goodbye women coaches...it was nice not knowing you at all.

I think what Johnny means though is that there is no reason why women shouldn't coach in the men's game too, which I personally hope we would see a lot more of. Unfortunately there are clear barriers that need removing!

For me as a coach, something I want to do next is coach in Women's football because I think it would make me a more rounded coach and develop my experience. I'd also want to support a game that is really growing (and hopefully doesn't stop growing).

I think what Johnny means though is that there is no reason why women shouldn't coach in the men's game too, which I personally hope we would see a lot more of. Unfortunately there are clear barriers that need removing!

For me as a coach, something I want to do next is coach in Women's football because I think it would make me a more rounded coach and develop my experience. I'd also want to support a game that is really growing (and hopefully doesn't stop growing).
Yeah I knew what he meant but if they aren't even given chances in the women's game then it will never happen in the men's game..
Still just 1 woman to ever manage the national team is pretty poor.

Yeah I knew what he meant but if they aren't even given chances in the women's game then it will never happen in the men's game..
Still just 1 woman to ever manage the national team is pretty poor.

Sadly both you and YW are right. I wish attitudes would change so we get more coaches from all backgrounds not just ex bloody professionals who are there because they are perceived to be good because they once kicked a ball at a high level.

Definitely, gives you new personalities to coach/manage too that you might not have encountered in men's/boys football.

It's refreshing reading the opinions on here compared to somewhere else we could mention (and FF) which pushes close to downright misogyny.

Xabi Alonso has been busy since retiring. He's apparently earned his coaching badges and will be going into management.

I for one think he'll become an excellent coach.

At Leicester City Ladies, the manager is male, but has has women on his coaching team. And this is the same all the way through to the girls academy teams. And from I have seen it works quite well.

Also on most occasions, the LCFC women and academy teams have male referees. And the girls say they prefer the officials to be male as they allow the game to flow better than the women referees. I am not sure I totally agree with that, but that is their view.

Back