• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2017/18

The station is appalling and still employs Mike Parry. H & J are ok and match day live is good for updates if your off the patch but that's about it.

Well even letting him use their air time is bad enough.

Bruce being a cunt again talking about "mass hysteria"

P43 W17 D11 L15

Yeah, what a great record that is when you've spent what you have and inherited a squad that should have been top six anyway. Wanker. I despise the sheep headed cunt.

Outstanding profanity there, Dan. Top work.

He riles me.

H couldn't pop off before one last piece of absolute bollocks:

“With those young forwards that are there now, going forward the future for Birmingham is exciting.

“When you get Jota on the field with Vassell with Che Adams, with Sam Gallagher, with Boga, that’s as exciting a forward line as there will be in that division.”

Yeah. Don't think you've had a look at our team, have you.

Billericay Town next? I could see it happening.

He riles me.

H couldn't pop off before one last piece of absolute bollocks:

Yeah. Don't think you've had a look at our team, have you.

He was also moaning about players on coming in all at the end of the window and nothing earlier.

Well maybe if you didn't spend weeks throwing your whole budget at John Terry you may have got some deals done earlier you idiot.

Just listening to last night's Talksport wake for Redknapp, how hard done by and managers not getting time, etc. Were they this indignant about Frank De Boer getting the push after just 5 matches at Palace or doesn't he count, not being a member of the old boys brigade and all that

Just interviewed him on TS. Would have took them to the play offs, 5 of his first choice players were out on Saturday, players came in too late blah blah. Well dickhead Boly, Phil, Hause, Douglas and Costa all missed our game on Saturday and would all arguably be in our first 11, but our manager has kept the other players in the squad happy and not told all and sundry that they are shit and need replacing so when called on they do a decent job for him rather than not trying.

Don't know any manager get so much air time after being sacked. Almost like he's got to get his excuses across just to say to everyone that he's still brilliant. Well explain the QPR debacle, relegation with Southampton and Bournemouth.
Says he's only had 2 seasons in the championship before and twice been promoted.
So forget the half season he had with saints where they were mid table.

I'd rather he explain how clubs seem to go bankrupt/into administration close to his departure, how he acquired so many brown envelopes, how he accounts for his dog handling his tax affairs, and how he accounts for being a lying shitfaced mercenary cunt.

I'd rather he explain how clubs seem to go bankrupt/into administration close to his departure, how he acquired so many brown envelopes, how he accounts for his dog handling his tax affairs, and how he accounts for being a lying shitfaced mercenary cunt.

Allegedly... (but not the "cunt" bit) ;)

Tbf the administration thing is well overblown with Redknapp. He has to take the blame for Bournemouth as he was very close to the board and knew what the picture was. Pompey too of course, but Peter Storrie is just as much of a villain there (and the PL/FA have to answer for allowing a convicted arms dealer to run an English club through his son who had no proof of independent wealth whatsoever).

West Ham got in trouble because they decided it was a good idea to appoint Glenn Roeder after H was (rightly) sacked. He'd laden the squad with shite and wasted the Ferdinand money but still, look at their 02/03 team that went down. Should never have happened and their (fairly mild) financial difficulties came because of that relegation. When they were in trouble under the Icelandic owners....that was bloody eons later.

He barely spent anything at Southampton, he was just shit. Relegated them and allowed a Bryan Robson team to stay up FFS. He had a front three of Crouch, Phillips and Camara to call upon and over half a season, needed the lowest points total ever to stay up and still failed... awful management. Then had them nowhere near the top six before he schlepped off. They were heading into the mire finance wise before he arrived and really hit the skids when their parachute money ran out and they'd missed out in the playoffs under Burley.

Spurs obviously were fine financially.

QPR's method was exactly the same under Hughes as it was under Redknapp. Tony Fernandes at fault there.

He's bought some total wank at Blues, Stockdale and Jota are on silly money but there's not a squad there that's going to financially cripple them....unless they go down to L1. And that's his sin, as at Southampton, just being fucking terrible because he doesn't do tactics, or training. Just buys players and sends them out. If he gets the signings wrong then there is nothing there to fall back on.

The worse thing about it is all the sycophants in the media and that Arry is totally blameless in all of this.

TBF - (and I don't do this lightly) Adrian Durham stuck the boot in this afternoon.

I've seen rumours that Jota is on 40k. That seems like a lot

Probably not given who owns him and his pedigree. From what I understand footballers only have an issue with what others earn if they feel they are in the same bracket. If any other Wolves player feels that with the exception of Costa and Neves who are probably earning the same then they can do one.

Back