• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only what happens in ordinary life isn't it? Recruitment agents touting people for jobs, individuals going for interviews behind their current employers' backs and then when the right numbers turn up suddenly you're telling your boss you don't want to be there anymore.
No, it's nothing like ordinary life, transfer fees don't have to be agreed to enable someone to move from Tesco to Sainsburys do they.

Well apparently it would take “vastly inflated fees” for us to sell anyone now, so let’s see what that looks like eh?

After everything that's happened this summer, surely by now you can guess what that looks like?

Unless you're Jeff, sign the player and drop an unmotivated prick who doesnt want to be here on the manager...
That's Jeff bending over for Jorge.

Guedes signing probably says more about Guedes accepting to move to a country he has zero desire to go to and a manager happy to accept him.
Jeff gave the thumbs up twice before but Nuno said no ta.

No, it's nothing like ordinary life, transfer fees don't have to be agreed to enable someone to move from Tesco to Sainsburys do they.

No, but I kind of get where Mark is coming from in the sense of headhunters recruiting people for jobs, or for example any of us looking for moves to other companies.

I’d struggle to think twice if someone offered me double my wage for the same job, to be honest.

No, but I kind of get where Mark is coming from in the sense of headhunters recruiting people for jobs, or for example any of us looking for moves to other companies.

I’d think twice if someone offered me double my wage for the same job, to be honest.
But in the football world once upon a time you were breaking the rules if you spoke to a player before agreeing a fee with the club.

I'm not sure when that changed?

That's Jeff bending over for Jorge.

Guedes signing probably says more about Guedes accepting to move to a country he has zero desire to go to and a manager happy to accept him.
Jeff gave the thumbs up twice before but Nuno said no ta.

Lage accepting Guedes? All we needed was for him to agree to bring back Olofinjana as the midfield general and we’d have the Deutsch hate triad.

So we're selling one of our most talented if inconsistent players for not much more than we paid for him? Fosun are a bunch of charlatan cunts, I wish they would just fuck off out of the club.

We've become the model of how not to run a football club.

We finally, finally! got a good manager but succeed in losing him, disgruntled, days before the season started.

We sell off anyone we get a reasonable offer for, except for the one player nobody would be disappointed to see go. Huh? Incomings are laughable.

Was this all part of the Fosun ten-year plan we were told about?

"In August 2018, claims were made that in seven years they wanted to win a Premier League title and qualify for the Champions League."

We won't be playing in the Champions League in 2025, but we might well be playing in the Championship.

Fun while it lasted.

You're going back at least 15 years. Maybe more.

Yeah, it’s only frowned upon if a player does it really (side eyes Ashley Cole). Agents will be the ones agreeing personal terms and acting as the broker.

Of all the events this summer, that one pisses me off the most and by a distance.

Very sad to let bona fide modern legends like Moutinho and Raul (and maybe Jonny) go but I know it's time.

I'd prepared myself for Neves going years before and it still hurt.

In some ways a missed opportunity with Lopetegui but he really is a bit of a wanker, so I don't need him in my life.

Whatever Matheus does at City (if he goes), it wouldn't happen here.

Alex Scott, good player no doubt, not much end product, expensive and injured. You can easily make the case for backing away.

BUT HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU TURNING DOWN £30M FOR MAX BLOODY KILMAN. It's off the scale for nonsense.

I just didn't really get it. Doesn't seem to go along with everything else. I know it's different to most players who have left but you'd think they'd snap their hands off and then find a cheaper replacement i.e the one linked with. Perhaps we don't sell Nunes and perhaps we even bring in a couple of the rumoured cheapies and are really just banking on getting through this season and reassessing, with some big assets still intact 🤷‍♂️

Given how well Cunha has started the season he will be next. Wouldn't surprise me if it was before this window ended, definitely in January. Fosun are preparing now for life back in the Championship, no doubt about it in my mind.

So we're selling one of our most talented if inconsistent players for not much more than we paid for him? Fosun are a bunch of charlatan cunts, I wish they would just fuck off out of the club.

I don’t think they’re even charlatans, they’ve just horrifically financially mismanaged the club (making some atrocious decisions along the way, starting with getting rid of Nuno) and we’re now seeing the results of that.

It’s a turd fest, expect in 9 days time when no one comes in “the deal wasn’t right” “we won’t be held to ransom” or “it’s hard getting deals done”
But it’s ok we’ve still got that challenger mentality to fall back on.

You can't keep your staff under lock and key barred from talking to anyone though can you? Imagine if Tesco and Sainsbury did have to agree to transfer staff, do you think they'd talk amicably store manager to store manager in a competitive market to agree which staff they would move or would they try to poach the best staff from one another behind each other's backs?

It's not like players won't become unsettled if clubs have to talk exclusively to one another before they can engage the player. As soon as an attractive club started enquiring about them they'd make their feelings known and put pressure on their current employer. The current way just keeps that part largely out of the public eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back