• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm including Sasa.
This is daft. He's played less than 45 minutes of football, how can you judge the player on that?

We should just be loaning a forward for 6 months and stop pissing about dreaming about a slow footballer bought as a favour and never likely to do anything in the PL.

We can then assess Sasa properly along with Silva in preseason (before we send Fabio back out on loan).

This is daft. He's played less than 45 minutes of football, how can you judge the player on that?

We should just be loaning a forward for 6 months and stop pissing about dreaming about a slow footballer bought as a favour and never likely to do anything in the PL.

We can then assess Sasa properly along with Silva in preseason.

For wolves maybe, not in his entire life.

We've bought Portugal's version of Pietro Pellegri.

People should just gave up to that and move on.

We may have done, Fabio has shown ability though. He was really good against West Ham for Anderlecht, especially now he's strong enough to actually hold the ball up properly. Strikers of his ilk don't tend to flash early on in their careers anyway, as you've said he's not blessed with pace.

So you judge Sasa on his pre Wolves career and Fabio on projection?

I've not really got much else to go on, I wouldn't be surprised if Sasa doesn't play another game for us. It's probably harsh, I've not seen Sasa play dozens of times. Maybe 4/5 max but I wasn't ever that impressed.

If our big survival plan is paying money to get Fabio back, then it doesn't matter who the manager is, we're going down. We need a proven goalscorer to be ready to start at Villa on Jan 4th or we're in real danger

If our big survival plan is paying money to get Fabio back, then it doesn't matter who the manager is, we're going down. We need a proven goalscorer to be ready to start at Villa on Jan 4th or we're in real danger

Just to cut this off before the waaaahmbulance rolls in early next year, I very much doubt any new signing will be able to be registered for the Villa game. The PL/FA don't do bank holidays - Maupay had his Everton debut delayed because of this - and if other clubs can't field new players when they play on the 2nd then they won't let us do so on the 4th as it's the same block of games. They won't let us have an advantage owing to our game getting moved.

Just to cut this off before the waaaahmbulance rolls in early next year, I very much doubt any new signing will be able to be registered for the Villa game. The PL/FA don't do bank holidays - Maupay had his Everton debut delayed because of this - and if other clubs can't field new players when they play on the 2nd then they won't let us do so on the 4th as it's the same block of games. They won't let us have an advantage owing to our game getting moved.

Hadn't considered that tbf, K I'll let them have until 3-4 days before the WH before I lose me shizzle

Fabio started his loan on fire but it's gone quiet recently and Anderlecht appear to be struggling as a whole. I'd be interested to hear some balanced views of how he's getting on over there, but they appear rare on SM.

The fact he was scoring goals at the start of the season shows that he knows where the goal is. If he was in our starting 11 and we actually played to his strengths, I have no doubt that he'd score a few here. But we don't play to any of our forwards strengths.

Ultimately we are paying the wages of Raul Jimenez, Sasa Kalajdzic, Diego Costa & presumably most of Fabio Silva's - all of them are employed by the club, but currently, all of them are useless to us and not fit for purpose. All four of them are capable of scoring goals at this level, but for reasons that have all been widely discussed, none of them are.

Hopefully with JL in charge and potentially a new, fresh face added to that list above, that will change.

Diego Costa has no long term future here. I suspect we've seen the last, or nearing the last, of Raul Jimenez too. That leaves Sasa and Fabio from next season. Shi will point to the names on the payroll already, but we definitely need another forward (one that JL personally picks out and wants to work with) onboard ASAP.

I'm presuming a striker will be top of JL's list and (I hope!) it won't be Fabio

I'd absolutely have Fabio back in January. I'm not sure buying another forward is the way to go. We already have three first team strikers in the squad (Raul/Sasa/Costa), plus Fabio.

A 6 month loan would be fine, but who is going to be available in January that is any good whatsoever?

If Jimenez is fit by January then I'd just use him tbh. I'm sure Lop has his targets though, and if we can get one of them then that's fair enough.

I can’t see Costa and Raul being here next season so that leaves Sasa and Fabio. If there’s a half decent striker available in Jan we should look to get it done. Gives us 3 options for next season and sorts this seasons problem out too.

I'd absolutely have Fabio back in January. I'm not sure buying another forward is the way to go. We already have three first team strikers in the squad (Raul/Sasa/Costa), plus Fabio.
It's not the having him back I'd take issue with, it's the paying for the privilege. Even then I'd want another striker. Sasa, is out for the season and Raul and Costa are done. Anything we get from either of them needs to be treated as a bonus not a plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back