• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, its a standard "new manager will look at all players" reporting....and we are bored, so you know we over think it.

Will be amazed if we even try to bring him back.

Anyone care to point out thus is another ridiculousl structured loan if there is a) no recall option and b) no loan fee. I'm pretty sure we'd have got 100% of wages paid for him with a recall option included, that wasn't a deal breaker

Anyone care to point out thus is another ridiculousl structured loan if there is a) no recall option and b) no loan fee. I'm pretty sure we'd have got 100% of wages paid for him with a recall option included, that wasn't a deal breaker
If Anderlecht paid a fee they wouldn't have been able to pay all his wages, so that one was a balancing act.

No recall..no clue other than either a club decision to ensure a full season to benefit from 1st team or the player asked for no recall, knowing our recent history at recalling and then not using and wanted a settled spell. Maybe a bit of leverage to ensure he signed the new deal he was stalling on.

Most loans are now window to window without recall. That is just how it is.

Most loans are now window to window without recall. That is just how it is.
Are they?

We generally seem to have recalls. Normally with a "must recall by this date in January".
Maybe that is just loans to the lower leagues.

The only one I can think of outside of this for us was Cutrone to Fiorentina....then they gave us more money to send him back early.

I know Chelsea had a player out last season and couldnt get him back in January.

FFS, Silva is not the answer to any of our problems.

I was under the impression loans are to a window, or season long, but a return clause can only be activated during a window?

I was under the impression loans are to a window, or season long, but a return clause can only be activated during a window?
If a recall clause is included then yes it will only be in a transfer window it can happen

That's going to get even more fun when more global transfer experts can pay $8 a month for their blue ticks

Dodgy source aside, we definitely should've been in for Edwards when he was at Vitória. Sporting got a bargain there.

United are trying to move AWB, they broke him by trying to turn him into an attacking full back, but he was a bloody good defender when at Palace and that's all they expected of him. I'd take him on loan with an option.

United are trying to move AWB, they broke him by trying to turn him into an attacking full back, but he was a bloody good defender when at Palace and that's all they expected of him. I'd take him on loan with an option.
He's not a Lopetegui RB going on his tactical preference.

Lopetegui likes his full backs to be the width and put crosses in.

He's not a Lopetegui RB going on his tactical preference.

Lopetegui likes his full backs to be the width and put crosses in.

That may well change when he sees our squad though. It's very much wait and see for me, good managers adapt to the squad they have.

AWB is the exact opposite of TAA. Very solid defensively but not so good going forwards. Semedo is generally solid on the ground defensively but in the air is repeatedly found wanting. Ironically Doherty’s one strength defensively was that he was good in the air. Maybe one day we’ll find a RB who is a good allrounder, in the meantime I’d take AWB as the priority has to be the defensive duties.

That may well change when he sees our squad though. It's very much wait and see for me, good managers adapt to the squad they have.
Pep and Klopp haven't adapted. They impose their style on the squad.

Good managers have an identity and stick with it.

Being linked to Nacho now as well as Mariano.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back